Reading/Lancaster/Allentown area grain buy- Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomRep

Reaction score
I don't want you all to think I dropped the ball on this. the buy will be starting as soon as I get a responce back from North Country Malt about some new pricing since the last buy. As soon as I get the e-mail, I will be firing this thing off. Our pick up location is going to be Weak Knee Homebrew Supply in Pottstown. I will post an address and all the other goodies as soon as it's officially started. Thanks!
Tom

Have you talked to weak knee. They where trying to stop people from group buys and are offering cheaper prices for bulk grains.

Talked to Weak Knee and everything is a go there. According to the last Philly buy, there were some price changes. I just want to verify with NCM before I kck this thing off. No responce from them today. If I get a chance tomorrow, I will try to give them a call.
Tom

Okay, so NCM isn't getting back to me and we're so busy at my work that I'm not going to have time to call them at the moment. So, I'm going to start this thing with the price sheet I have below. If there is something that needs to be changed, we'll just handle it as the buy goes on. As mentioned above, pick up is going to be at Weak Knee Homebrew in Pottstown PA. Pick up date is TBA. Most of you have been involved in these buys before, but for those who haven't, here is how it works. Look over the catalog and pick out the grains you want. WE ARE ONLY BUYING GRAINS! At the top of the price sheet it will say if the grains come in 50 or 55# sacks. We are going to be in the 2,000-4,000# price bracket. Post what you want in this thread and I will start a list. We need 42 sacks to fill one pallet. When the pallet(s) are full, I will ask you all to confirm your orders. When everything is confirmed, I will send out PM's with your totals. PayPal is the fastest and preferred method to pay, but I will also take personal check or money order as long as they are sent out within 48 hours of getting your total. When all the money is recieved, the order will be placed and shipped. We will set up a pickup time "window" when the delivery date gets closer. I would like to try and get everyones phone numbers this time around. it will make my life a bit easier when it come to payment and pickup times. If you can, PM it to me and also let me kow if I can text you at that number. Let the games begin!
Tom

NCM Catalog link: 2011 Price Sheet

Weak Knee Homebrew address:
1300 N. Charlotte St North End Shopping Center
Pottstown, PA 19464

Current # of sacks: 84

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

beerloaf- BZ-PILS x1, CM-2ROW x1, CM-PALE x1, CM-WHET x1/2

milldoggy- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, BZ-DWHT x1, BZ-WHT x1, CM-PALE x1/2, BD-MOPA x1/2, BD-VIEN x1/3, GW-C30 x1/4, GW-C75 x1/4

Hackrsackr- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, BZ-WHT x1, CM-PALE x1/2, BD-MOPA x1/2, BZ-MUNH

wadefisher- BZ-PILS x1, BZ-WHT x1, BZ-Vien x1, GB-PALE x1, CM-2ROW x1, CM-6ROW x1, CM-PALE x1, GB-MUNH10 x1, GW-C30 x1/2, GW-C75 x1/2, BD-RSTB x1/2, BD-MOPA x1 snowveil- CM-2ROW x2, BD-VIEN x1/3

jamin- BZ-PILS x1

josephus23- GB-PALE x1, BD-MOPA x1

rianrt- CM-2ROW x3, GW-C120 x1/4

idratherbeinmexico- TF-MOPA x1, CM-WHET x1/2

M1Owen- CM-2ROW x1, CM-SPIL x1, BD-PALE x1

jturie- CM-2ROW x1, TF-GPRM x1, BD-MOPA x1

mjwitz- BZ-PILS x2, BZ-WHT x1, CM-PALE x1

Mrott- CM-2ROW x2, CM-6ROW x2, BD-DCRL x1, BD- CHLT x1, BD-BLCK x1, GP-FLCRN x1

servadia- CM-2ROW x2, GW-C75 x1/4, GW-C30 x1/4

Funkster- BZ-PILS x1, GW-2ROW x1, BD-PALE x1

Germanrockit- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, BZ-WHT x1, BZ-MUNH x1, TF-GPRM x1, BD-RSTB x1/2, GW-C30 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4

Coalcracker- BD-MOPA x1, BD-VIEN x1/3, BZ-PILS x1/2

Driver- CM-PALE x1, BZ-VIEN x1

Dukeman9988- CM-PALE x1, BZ PILS x1/2

gifty74- BD-MOPA x2, CM-2ROW x2, BD-PILS x1, GW-C30 x1/2, GW-C120 x1/2

Risser09- GW-C30 x1/4

djstabby- CM-PALE x2, BD-MOPA x1, Z-WHT x1

Kaz- BD-MOPA x1, BZ-PILS x1, CM-WHT x1, CM-2ROW x1

--------------------------Third pallet-----------------------------------------

Number of sacks: 18

Partial sacks available:

pava- CM-2ROW x2, BD-MOPA x1, GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C60 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4

wadefisher- GW-C15 x1/4

Risser09- GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4, GW-C60 x1/4

milldoggy- GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4, GP-RICE x1/2

M1Owen- TF-GPRM x1/2, CM-2ROW x1, CM-PALE x1, GP-RICE x1/2

gifty74- CM-WHET x1/2, GW-C60 x1/2

mcgearybrewing- CM-2ROW x2, BZ-CRPL x1, TF-GPRM x1/2

HackrSackr- CM-2ROW x1, BD-MOPA x1, CM-WHT x1/2, GW-C120 x1/4

nrosage- CM-2ROW x1, BD-MOPA x1/2

mjwitz- BD-MOPA x1/2

This is what I would like...

BZ-PILS
CM-2ROW
CM-PALE

Also if anyone would like to split a bag of CM-Whet with me, let me know so I can add it to the list.

beerloaf

I would like;

BZ-PILS Best Pilsen
BZ-WHT Best Pale Wheat
BZ-VIEN Best Vienna
GB-PALE Gambrinus Pale Ale
GW-2ROW Great Western 2 Row
CM-6ROW Canada Malting 6 Row
CM-PALE Canada Malting Pale Ale
GB-MUNH10 Gambrinus Light Munich

Looking to Split
GW-C30 Great Western Crystal 30 or similar
GW-C75 Great Western Crystal 75 or similar
BD-RSTB Bairds Roasted Barley

Count me in for

2x - CM-2ROW.

If anybody is interested, I'd like to get 1/4 or 1/3 sack (depending on potential demand from others :) ) of BD-VIEN

Thanks again for setting this up!

Would anyone be interested in ordering some gamma seals. Think they cheaper in large packs. I think I need like 8.

Okay I just typed all the orders in and updated the whole thing and my $%$@^@$# computer/internet/something screwed up when trying to save it and erased it all in the process. I have all the orders written down and we're doing good so far. It's all but 12:30 and I have an early morning, so I'm not re-typing it all tonight. I think we were sitting at 24 sacks. Partials that are available right now would be: CM-WHET x1/2, BD-VIEN x1/3, GZ
W-C30 x1/2, GW-C75 x1/2, BD-RSTB x1/2
tom

Where is the pickup spot? I live about an hour from allentown, but the other places in the title I have no idea where they are and am too lazy to google it :cross:

Willum said:
Where is the pickup spot? I live about an hour from allentown, but the other places in the title I have no idea where they are and am too lazy to google it :cross:

Pick up is in pottstown, about an hour from allentown down 100.

woohoo grain buy! I'll have my list in by the end of the weekend. I need to check out some recipes at home first.

CM-2ROW
CM-SPIL
BD-PALE
TF-GPRM x 1/2

If anyone wanted to split a 1/3 or 1/2 of a Vienna or Munich I could be down for that.

Tom,
I compiled the list for you ~35 bags right now without yours

Milldoggy
CM-2ROW
BZ-PILS
BZ-DWHT
BZ-WHT
1/3 BD-vien - split with snowveil,M1Owen
1/2 CM-PALE - split with Hackrsackr
1/2 BD-MOP - split with Hackrsackr

Hackrsackr
CM-2ROW
BZ-PILS
BZ-WHT
1/2 CM-PALE - split with milldoggy
1/2 BD-MOP - split with milldoggy

Beerloaf
BZ-PILS
CM-2ROW
CM-PALE
1/2 CM-Whet - split with ratherbeinmexico

wadefisher
BZ-PILS Best Pilsen
BZ-WHT Best Pale Wheat
BZ-VIEN Best Vienna
GB-PALE Gambrinus Pale Ale
GW-2ROW Great Western 2 Row
CM-6ROW Canada Malting 6 Row
CM-PALE Canada Malting Pale Ale
GB-MUNH10 Gambrinus Light Munich
BD-MOPA

Looking to Split
GW-C30 Great Western Crystal 30 or similar
GW-C75 Great Western Crystal 75 or similar
BD-RSTB Bairds Roasted Barley

snowveil
2x - CM-2ROW
1/3 BD-VIEN - split with , M1Owen

jamin
BZ-PILS

josephus23
GB-Pale
BD-MOP

rianrt
3x CM-2ROW

idratherbeinmexico
TF&S Marris Otter
1/2 CM-WHET spliot with beerloaf

M1Owen
CM-2ROW
CM-SPIL
BD-PALE
1/2 TF-GPRM - not split with anyone yet
1/3 BD-VIEN - split with Milldoggy, snowveil

Nice, just in time for Scotch Ale brewing season and my first ever group buy:

CM-2ROW
TF-GPRM
BD-MOPA

Since Weak Knee is my LHBS (and they're great people), I hope they're getting something out of this. Maybe I'll order my Barley Crusher through them as a thank you.

Would anyone be interested in ordering some gamma seals. Think they cheaper in large packs. I think I need like 8.

Mike, if you can find a bulk order site (Baytech?), I'd grab at least 6 myself. Would you get the buckets from there as well or do you just do HD/Lowes?

Jack,
Looks like a pallet is where the big price breaks happen. A 24 pack does reduce the price by about 50 cents each. I will just use homedepot or lowes buckets. They are like 2.50. I actually got a few free buckets from grocery store bakerys. Just ask for any icing buckets they are going to throw out when you go.

You better order that mill or I guess mine will be making trips to your house :)

later than I planned but I have a list...

2x CM-2ROW
2x CM-6ROW
1x BD-DCRL
1x BD-CHLT
1x BD-BLCK
1x GP-FLCRN

8 sacks total.

CM-2ROW x 2
1/4 - GW-C60
1/4 - GW-C20

If 1/4 sacks aren't available let me know. Thanks again for doing this!

servadia and wadefisher- if you guys can get the same roasts of caramel, we'd only need a 1/4 sack to fill it.
tom

Back