The Masters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memorex88

Reaction score
Anyone else into Golf?
I've been playing for 29 years. I'm not that great with a 18 handicap but love the game.
I watch this tournament every year with anticipation and dream of attending one year.

I've been watching golf like mad lately. Still waiting to get out and tee it up for the first time this year. Might head to the range tomorrow after work. I can watch the first day of the tourney tomorrow night!

I like golfing once a month or so during the summer, hitting my standard double bogey (if everything goes well) and making one fabulous shot that keeps me coming back.

Fore!

Jim

I just finished watching the par 3 and seeing Jack, Arnold and Gary together is always priceless. Not to mention the little ones caddy for their dads :D

The Masters - gotta love it. Hogan's bridge, Amen corner, Eisenhauer tree; Jim Nantz spouting off like an idiot all weekend about the tradition, CBS playing fake bird noises; but seriously, I love the event.

I would love to see a Tiger/Phil showdown, but I also think Anthony Kim or Ogilvy will make a run

I actually had a friend give their tickes for Sunday, so me and my son are headed down Saturday to watch in person.......a dream come true!

I can't wait!

They are not allowed.......

No cell phones or any electronic device is allowed on the property...........

However, they also don;t kill you on prices for food and stuff

1.00 for a drink

2.00 for beer

2.00 - 5.00 for sandwiches and stuff......

You can only have camera's on practice round days.....

I used to golf quite a bit, before I got married. Now I only go maybe 2-3 times a year.

As for watching golf on TV - yeah ladies golf - thats the deal. I could watch Paula Creamer, Natalie Gulbis and Michelle Wie everyday.

I didn't know Natalie Gulbis played golf......I just like watching her walk down the fairway......:D

I thought maybe she was a golf cheerleader of some sort......haha

They are not allowed.......

No cell phones or any electronic device is allowed on the property...........

However, they also don;t kill you on prices for food and stuff

1.00 for a drink

2.00 for beer

2.00 - 5.00 for sandwiches and stuff......

You can only have camera's on practice round days.....

Gotta love the pimento & cheese sandwich. And the members & sponsors pay for the entire event, so the "patrons" aren't gouged on beer and food.

Just got my tickets for tomorrow...I love the way this weekend has played out.....

Tiger and Phil will have to really pull of something spectacular to win, and Chad, Kenny, and Angel are all doing good.....nothing like great golf!!

also on a side note, we went to Krogers here to get some snacks for tonight, and they had Dogfish Head 60 !!!!! Woohoo!! I got a sixer for tonight!

I have to say, for my first time going, My son and I had the time of our life!

If you can ever get the chance to attend this golf event, you will not be dissapointed!!

It was awesome, from the fairways to the greens to following Tiger and Mick down the fairways......a truly awesome experience!

I can only hope to get the chance to go again.....

I like golfing once a month or so during the summer, hitting my standard double bogey (if everything goes well) and making one fabulous shot that keeps me coming back.

Fore!

Jim

Sounds like my golf game! My dad taught me to golf and he gave me a piece of priceless advice: "Unless you golf every weekend, be satisfied with one good shot every hole." It's surprising how having this attitude can take a frustrating game, and turn it into a fun and relaxing walk in the park (literally). I see so many people on the course getting pissed off and I wonder why they are putting themselves through such an ordeal. I just go for that one good shot; a good drive(usually my forte), a good chip, a good put. If I can do that, I'm happy...:D

Back