I'm a little ashamed...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vulture165

Reaction score
So I've had a batch of wort sitting in the primary fermenter for approximately 3 months. Nothing went wrong, I'm just lazy. Is it still OK to bottle?

Thanks

It'd be better to bottle and have it not work out, then to not have bottled and miss out on the greatest beer you've ever made. I've heard of several instances where a person has bottled a beer that has been in the primary for an extended time period and had a good product.

Do us all a favor and bottle it and let us know what happens. It's nice when people share these experiences, it adds to the wealth of knowledge already here. Good luck!

I've had a few brews sitting in primary for three months or more. I really should get around to bottling those some day.

That is a good "problem" to have :)
If it doesn't smell like something died, then it will probably be awesome :mug:

Its going to be just fine. Hell, it'll probably be better than fine. Bottle it when you can and enjoy 3+ weeks later.

It'd be better to bottle and have it not work out, then to not have bottled and miss out on the greatest beer you've ever made. I've heard of several instances where a person has bottled a beer that has been in the primary for an extended time period and had a good product.

I think shakespear said it better

Yeast autolysis is not the boogeyman everyone thinks. I found a paper written on autolysis and posted it here and it basically said, unless you're approaching 12 months IIRC on the cake or lees (thats what the wine boys call the cake), don't worry.

Back