Anyone Else Brewing This Afternoon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Even though I've been off for about 10 days and still have off til the 5th, this is the first chance I've actually had to brew.

Today I'm doing a 2.5 gallon experimental batch of "Mole' Porter" a modification of Biermuncher's Black Pearl Porter with Mexican Chocolate (Abualita brand Mexican hot Chocolate/cinnamon disks) and my homemade chile' powder.

I've got 40 minutes til sparge time...

Anyone else doing it today?

:mug:

No brewing for me today, but I just made up my starter for my Twisted Oak IPA. Think I'll FWH this one, still tinkering with the amounts to keep the IBUs in check. Sunday will be brewday, by God!

Anyone else doing it today?

:mug:

Hopefully later.;)

Actually, I had planned to brew today at long last (been almost three months). Of course, the wind is blowing 50 mph, which would make being in the garage rather difficult considering the wind is blowing straight into it, and I got called in to work.

And I get to go to NJ tomorrow and Toronto on Thursday. If I don't brew next week, I may do something not so nice.:mad:

Hopefully later.;)

Actually, I had planned to brew today at long last (been almost three months). Of course, the wind is blowing 50 mph, which would make being in the garage rather difficult considering the wind is blowing straight into it, and I got called in to work.

And I get to go to NJ tomorrow and Toronto on Thursday. If I don't brew next week, I may do something not so nice.:mad:

Oh too bad. When I saw your name pop up I thought MAYBE, FINALLY, you'd get to...Too Bad...

So you covering any interesting games on this trip?

I just bottled my first batch of Edwort's Apfelwein. I should have taken his advice and started another batch shortly after the first. I am not much of a wine drinker though so I was hesitant. First indications are ... I think I'm gonna' like it!

Not toady, but I'm working out a plan for brewing on New Year's Day. In fact, I may brew twice on New Year's. One 5 gallon batch of Citrus Wheat and a 5 gallon batch of my experimental soon-to-be house ale. Brew on!

Shecky, do I need to brew for you???

Glad to see that Robert Cray has resurfaced.
You may have to. Given your silence on what I sent you, I'm guessing my beers are far inferior to yours. And that's as it should be.:D

Or you could just take my kids and my job for a couple days so I can bang out a couple brews.

You may have to. Given your silence on what I sent you, I'm guessing my beers are far inferior to yours. And that's as it should be.:D

Or you could just take my kids and my job for a couple days so I can bang out a couple brews.

Honestly, they're still sitting in the fridge! I'll go pour the orange wheat right now. :D

Hey flyangler, mebbe we need to start a fund for shecky's brew day....Try to raise enough to send the wife and kids to one of those winter getaway indoor pool kinda hotels....Then maybe he could get a few batches ahead.

:D

Not me; I'm still at work. I have tomorrow off and my wife does not, so she suggested I brew. But it's just going to be too cold outside. The high the rest of the week is only going to average 24oF-25oF. Too cold to be out in the garage for me. Maybe weekend after next.

No sir, you know what my plans are for tomorrow?! I will work out in the morning and then... do nothing but sit my butt on the couch, watch every bowl game, no matter how lackluster it may get and snack on dip, chips, crackers, cheese, sausage, various finger foods and the four kegs I have on tap! There are five games on tomorrow, beginning at 11:00am CST and going right through ~9pm CST! That's gonna put a big dent in my food & beer supply!

Hey flyangler, mebbe we need to start a fund for shecky's brew day....Try to raise enough to send the wife and kids to one of those winter getaway indoor pool kinda hotels....Then maybe he could get a few batches ahead.

Or fund his way to one of us! Ed, you're always welcome to cover a DII men's rugby team. :D

Honestly, they're still sitting in the fridge! I'll go pour the orange wheat right now. :D

No worries. Just busting chops.;)

It's not a getaway for the wife if the kids are involved. We have an indoor water park 10 miles from home. Problem is, that will be a family outing.

When you have the kids in the morning, work in the afternoon into the night and then work pretty much every weekend, time tends to be an issue. I'm not complaining. At least I get to hang out here and learn stuff.:ban:

i might throw something together tomorrow afternoon if they let us out of work early. probably another breakfast stout.

definitely brewing on new years day, too. something light, maybe a cream ale.

I've got the week off and I though what better way to spend it than to fill up the pipeline! So today I brewed my attempt at a Murphy's Stout clone. Besides losing a bunch of temp on the mash and having to add some boiling water I think it came out pretty good. Tomorrow I'll be whipping up another batch of Orfy's Hobgoblin clone. My girlfriend loves it.

Or fund his way to one of us! Ed, you're always welcome to cover a DII men's rugby team. :D
There's an idea. Know nothing about rugby, but I'll give it a go.

Actually, I'm hoping hoops season will work in terms meeting more folks. If UConn does what it is expected to do, I will hopefully wind up in Detroit for the Final Four. Here I come (maybe), Revvy.:)

Brewing a blonde ale for SWMBO right now, I have 20 minutes left in the boil. It's always nice to squeeze in a midweek brew session!

Not me; I'm still at work. I have tomorrow off and my wife does not, so she suggested I brew. But it's just going to be too cold outside. The high the rest of the week is only going to average 24oF-25oF. Too cold to be out in the garage for me. Maybe weekend after next.

No sir, you know what my plans are for tomorrow?! I will work out in the morning and then... do nothing but sit my butt on the couch, watch every bowl game, no matter how lackluster it may get and snack on dip, chips, crackers, cheese, sausage, various finger foods and the four kegs I have on tap! There are five games on tomorrow, beginning at 11:00am CST and going right through ~9pm CST! That's gonna put a big dent in my food & beer supply!

You can't haul a tv out to the garage to watch games while you brew...seems to me that would be a slice of heaven on earth...:D

There's an idea. Know nothing about rugby, but I'll give it a go.

Actually, I'm hoping hoops season will work in terms meeting more folks. If UConn does what it is expected to do, I will hopefully wind up in Detroit for the Final Four. Here I come (maybe), Revvy.:)

Well, if you get out to Baltimore, FireBrewer and I will be out to meet you! We're only about 45 minutes from the Inner Harbor.

Yum.....

I have all the ingredients to brew it, but since that one I want 5 gallons of I need a place to brew it...I was supposed to do a group brew with a guy this week but it's fallen through...Hate not having a yard/garage...

so does this mean your open on fri or sat?

I would like to be brewing, but I don't have any empties to put a new beer in the pipeline right now. I got all the ingredients, just don't have any empty fermenters or secondaries and I don't have any kegs that are close enough to empty that I could invite a friend over and speed things along. Having that much good beer is not exactly anything to complain about I admit.

not brewing but bottling whats left of a 5 gallon batch of apfelwien. LOL we were drinking right out of the fermenter tap.

You can't haul a tv out to the garage to watch games while you brew...seems to me that would be a slice of heaven on earth...
If it were 65oF, maybe!:D Actually, I have no coax hookup out there and I'd need a cable ~75 feet long to make it work! Then I'd still have to check on the snacks in the oven! Nah, too much work!;)

Philly's two hours for me. Just tell me when.
You'd go two hours for me? What a guy. UConn has to take care of business first. I hope they do. Only three hours for me. Much rather drive than fly.

Back on topic, I promise that within the next two weeks I will have two brews fermenting away in my basement, which fluctuates between 55-60 degrees. Perfect.

Not today, but I'll be brewing up 10 gallons of Leftover Hops IPA on New Year's day with a neighbor. I need to clear out some of my hops stash.

ooopppssss.....I may have a not so good beer here...or at least NOT what I was looking for in a flavor profile...I just realized that my homemade chile powder is kinda smoky...it has smoked dried chiles plus some smoked paprika in it...

It was only a t-spoon in the mash along with the 2.5 disks of mexican chocolate....tasting some of my pre-boil grav sample and it is a little on the smoky side...It won't be bad...just not what I wanted...I was supposed to add another t-spoon at flame out...but I'm going with plain cayenne instead (which was the original plan)...hey wait...

this is pre-boil, so some of the smoky volatiles will boil away right? Hmm maybe there's life in the ole dog yet....

Back