I give up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishwater

Reaction score
fourth beer low final G.
I am trying everything and doing everything right I think I want to give up Help
20 days in fermentor 1.030 hydaratred yeast
I am sad

fourth beer low final G.
I am trying everything and doing everything right I think I want to give up Help
20 days in fermentor 1.030 hydaratred yeast
I am sad
We might be able to help you if you provide some more information, such as OG, fermentation temp, yeast strains used, etc.

How much yeast did you pitch?
Did you hydrate it before you pitched?

Is this an AG or extract?
Can you post the recipe?

Im with dalej still a lot of questions to be asked.

Some things to consider are If you hydrated the yeast before you pitched.Also high OG beer need more yeast. Also did you aerate properly?
If i use dry yeast i take some wort dump the yeast in for a couple hours. Also you might think of doing a starter next time the day or two before you pitch.

SG 1.042
temp 70
dry yeast
First off, a low FG is a good thing...;)

If your OG was 42 (1.042) then your FG should be in the 11 (1.011)neighborhood.

If it's still at 30 then I'd say it's stuck or you didn't aerate it enough. Since it's already started fermenting you don't want to aerate it, but you can add more REHYDRATED yeast. Boil up a cup or two of water, cool it to warm then mix in the yeast and let sit for 15 mins...add to the fermenter, recap. ;)

Back