Hopped hard cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xpionage

Reaction score
Heys

I made some cider batches and i love it.
Last sunday i started an hopped cider, everyone seems to be talking about it on youtube and it looks delicious :D

I just bought 5L of 100% apple juice, added 550g of white sugar and pitched lalvin-D47.
I already have cascade hops and when it stops fermenting i will add 25g /30g of hop pellets for about 10 days.
On bottling time i will add white sugar to the bottles to carbonate.

Cheers

image-1029933179.jpg

Added the hops last sunday, 30gm cascade, and I'm going to let them in until next Thursday.

iphone-fotografia-2013-04-25-16_12_45.jpeg

Have you tasted it yet? I made a 3 gallon batch a month or so ago. I just added all my random hops and a lime. I racked it two weeks ago. Tasted..... Interesting.... Too much lime maybe.... Going to do the same thing tho. Going to add some cascade, let it sit, then bottle in a week or two after. Even with the heavy lime, once it's cold and carbed, it should be good!

Are you carbing or going to leave still?

I didn't tasted yet and I'm going to carbonate. It should be good with lime... maybe next batch :)

Bottled this yesterday, its awesome.

I still have hops and probably Im going going to make some more this weekend :D

image-4247450030.jpg

Mmmmmm. Nice! I bottled mine on Tuesday. I was afraid it was going to suck because I added lime in primary.....but, a friend and I tried two last night. They weren't fully carbed , but it was enough to tell me how tasty they are going to be in a few weeks!

I was at my good beer store last night and discovered a hopped vodka!

With lime should be very good too :D. I think secue01 from youtube has made hoped vodka too and i belive he has a video about it.

Mine is still very cloudy and i think it will not clear but it tastes great

Did you hop it in primary or secondary, also you left it about one and a half weeks in there. How much flavor did it give you?

I hopped simco and fuggle into primary and cascade in secondary. No real reason why, it just what I had left over at the moment.

Next time ill add a lot less lime. It taste more like a miller chill or budime than a cider.

I hopped simco and fuggle into primary and cascade in secondary. No real reason why, it just what I had left over at the moment.

Next time ill add a lot less lime. It taste more like a miller chill or budime than a cider.

aight, I just have cascade and gonna go with half an ounce for a week in secondary. Don't wanna overpower it

Oh man, this sounds great, might try for 1 gal hard cider dry hopped with citra hops. Just have to wait to see if I have any extra from dry hopping my iipa

It's not too tart?

Its delicious, I drink commercial beer all the time but never had hops in my hand (I never brewed beer and never drank homebrewed beer) so I didn't know how was the smell and taste of the hops, what I can tell is that for me its not tart at all and tastes very hooped (maybe because i still have some hop sediment in the bottles)
I really love it :drunk:

I ask because I make graff, and I really felt like an ounce was the upper limit of what I would consider palatable. The most important thing is that you like it. Carry on!

i have made a 5 gal batch with 1 oz of citra pellets added during secondary. it came out great and will be a common recipe for the future. it has a nice grapefruit tang over the apple flavor.

i have made a 5 gal batch with 1 oz of citra pellets added during secondary. it came out great and will be a common recipe for the future. it has a nice grapefruit tang over the apple flavor.

That's what I'm looking for! I love that hop

Back