Lost motivation..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khirsah17

Reaction score
... to work!

Man, maybe it's just me, but I have totally lost motivation at my job, even though it's fun as hell. The only thing I can think about is brewing. Every day at work I browse HBT several times, then I work on future recipes on an excel brewing sheet I designed, and then I spec out prices on bulk grain, and then I go through all my pictures of my brew days the previous weekend and just sigh.

In the words of a wise man, "Well Bob, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work."

I can now agree, thanks to homebrewing!

How about working towards starting your own brew pub? It looks like you're more motivated to brew and more enthusiastic about it than your current job.

No reserve, no retreat, no regret. Do what you love to do and don't look back :mug:

I know what you mean... i'm in a situation that my job really sucks.... I love what i do but HATE where i work... i'm now low on the motivation scale!

Way ahead of you! I put together a quick business plan earlier last year, and was toying around with it, but I think it's pretty much scrubbed for now. It seems like everyone and their brother is opening up pubs around here now. The competition is pretty serious. Not to mention that someone started a brewery with almost the same exact name as mine not 2 hours from here. I was floored, and pretty much devastated.

I hate to have a defeated attitude, and I'm still thinking about how to get paid for it, but for now brewing will just have to be that hobby that I really, really enjoy.

"Peter we have noticed that you have been missing a lot of work."
"Can't say I've been missing it Bob."

It'll pass. :D

What you have to do is brew up a lot of stock. Then you'll be less inclined to brew :). Some guys demand is so high they have to brew often though, which is kind of cool in a way (they have friends over to drink from the tap etc). But like me, I brew the most in the winter because, well lets see: I'm not in the garden, the boiling wort warms the house, the temps are perfect for fermentation without intervention, I have more free time...the list goes on.

I bottle so I get to x amount I'll stop(currently I am ramping up with 4 cases of cider, two more coming, 4 cases of new bottled brew, 2 cases of older brew, and another 5 gallons in the fermentor and ~3.5 gallons more in another fermentor). X-amount is determined by the amount of cases of empties I have, which I think I have around 10 or 12 more cases of empties.

Back