Dallas/Fort Worth Group Buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing paperwork.

Sorry jaw_murphy , ryanweary , and Flomaster - the starsan is $118 for four gallons ($29.50 each) - I accidentally was looking at "saniclean" ... Five Star's stuff has similar names...

Please let me know if that $5 diff is a deal breaker.

I'm still not 100% that they will throw it on the pallet or not too.

Sorry herndon39, the full pallet was reached a few days ago.

I'll put you on the next list and we can do this again in june after brew riot.

Just got off the phone with Country Malt Group. We are ready to order. Freight is a little less than $4, but we will stick with $4 and I will refund everyone any change, but it will be less than a dollar for everyone.

I am sending out Paypal Invoices to all 14 brewers.

I will post the PayPal info I got off another Group Buy that details the PayPal process and how to send money without losing money in PayPal fees. More importantly I am trying to make this fair to myself as well, I don't want to incur in additional costs in PayPal fees.

If anyone does not want to PayPal and wants to meet with cash and meet up in person this weekend let me know.

-Teal

Originally Posted by CidahMastah 

Payment

Payments will be collected once we have secured 42 bags (or we decide to process an order with less). I would like to do all payments through paypal, if you have an issue with this please PM me.

To pay, please follow these instructions carefully to avoid paypal fees.
• Click the "Send Money" tab at the top.
• Put in the buyer's email address (check your PM inbox to get that address - I will send it out as soon as we have reached 42 bags or an order is confirmed).
• Put in the amount to send.

Here's the important part...• Under the amount box, click the "Personal" tab.
• Select "Gift".
• If you are paying from an existing paypal balance, or from your bank account, no fees will be charged. BUT... Paypal charges transaction fees for anything that is paid for with a CREDIT CARD. If you are paying with a credit card, you will have the option of selecting who has to cough up the money for those fees. Do not push those fees onto the buyer. Suck those fees up yourself.
• In the area at the bottom where it allows you to type in the custom text for the email that buyer will receive, be sure to include your name, as it appears on the spreadsheet (your homebrewtalk user name), so that buyer can track who has paid and who hasn't.
• Then send the money and chill out.
When the buyer has all of the money, he'll place the order.

Update.

8 of 15 brewers are paid up.

One brewer needs till the 15th which is understandable given I know Valentines day is going to cost me some dough...

I'll keep letting everyone know how we are doing.

Should take about a week for delivery.

Don't forget to mark as a "gift" and ..
"Here's the important part...• Under the amount box, click the "Personal" tab.
• Select "Gift".
• If you are paying from an existing paypal balance, or from your bank account, no fees will be charged. BUT... Paypal charges transaction fees for anything that is paid for with a CREDIT CARD. If you are paying with a credit card, you will have the option of selecting who has to cough up the money for those fees. Do not push those fees onto the buyer. Suck those fees up yourself.
• In the area at the bottom where it allows you to type in the custom text for the email that buyer will receive, be sure to include your name, as it appears on the spreadsheet (your homebrewtalk user name), so that buyer can track who has paid and who hasn't.
• Then send the money and chill out.

So far a couple people have not done this. I'm not worried about $5, but hopefully everyone else can do this. Paypal charges my account a fee if it is paid with a Credit Card.

I love you guys but I'm wanting some discounted grain too!

Tealio, IF I'm one of those that you got hit with a fee (with the invoice I didn't have an option of changing to a gift), then lemme know how much you got hit for and I'll send it to ya.

Yeah I don't know since I sent invoices if you can mark as gift or not.

No worries. But yeah it was $2.49 so if you want to throw me a couple bucks at pickup I won't deny it!

I'm going to send reminders on thursday if we are still waiting on payments from anyone.

Yeah I don't know since I sent invoices if you can mark as gift or not.

No worries. But yeah it was $2.49 so if you want to throw me a couple bucks at pickup I won't deny it!

I'm going to send reminders on thursday if we are still waiting on payments from anyone.

Sounds fair. Try to remind me - my memory sucks.

Update!

All but two brewers have paid up.

Rack04 has made arrangements for tomorrow.

Waiting on Deuce and PantherCity.

I sent them out some reminders to email and PM's so hopefully in the next day or two we will be ready for the big order.

Talk to you soon!

Almost time to start talking pickup plans!

Paid
Sorry for the delay, we switched offices last week so it was pure chaos here.

I called and it didn't go as well as I was hoping.

The last email I got from them said we were ready to go, now they are requesting more info... Not sure why it is so hard to just pay someone $1500 up front and get a pallet of grain.. Maddening

Time for a strong beer.

Fingers crossed we will have an order on the way today or tomorrow.

Hopefully it comes soon, I just ordered 6 lbs of hops to go along with it. :) thanks for the work!

Sorry for the delay guys, but I worked through the issue hopefully. They are once again setting up the account... Once they email me I will order right away.

We're having trouble with Country in Houston too. Something about needing a business tax id and credit card in the business' name. How'd you get around it?

So far waiting to here back. Jumping through hoop after hoop. I'm on a mission though.

Looks like I missed this one. I am in Austin, would be happy to get on one of these from DFW, or possibly Houston.

Jeff

If either of us can get through the hurdles... we are still waiting, sorry group! Waiting to hear back over the weekend has been crappy.

Thanks for being cool everyone! Hope to have news this week, but if not we will vote it out.

If we can complete this order, future ones will sure follow!

The last rep I spoke with said she was forwarding my info to corporate to have the account setup. That was Friday so if I don't hear back today or tomorrow I will email them again.

I am going on vacation in two weeks, do you foresee this happening before then? I would hate to be out of town for a week and not be able to pick up my grain.

Deuce, if no one's closer to you than me and if you can't make it I can grab your grain if you'd like me to and hold it for a week or so if needed.

Tealio, any updates? Thank you for organizing this... I thought we'd already gotten an account set up? Have you tried calling those responsible for same?

The last rep I spoke with said she was forwarding my info to corporate to have the account setup. That was Friday so if I don't hear back today or tomorrow I will email them again.

Can you tell that part of my job is being a squeaky wheel?

Tomorrow has come and gone - have we received an update? If you need help being a squeaky wheel lemme know what I can do.

Back