• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Highly polished HERMS keggles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maltose

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my E-HERMS system capacity, so I'm selling my HLT, MLT and BK from my current system.

Pictures of the build can be found here:
My HERMS Build

Everything is stainless, and here is some info on each keggle:

HLT:
5500 ULWD heating element with 10 AWG plug and sealed conduit box (like Kal's)
(4) 3-piece stainless 1/2" ball valves with TC fittings
-- Water out, water in (for recirc), mash in, mash out
Stainless diptube
Calibrated BobbyM sightglass
RTD sensor for HLT temp
Analog thermometer for mash recirc
RTD to XLR cable
Stainless lid

MLT:
(2) 3-piece stainless 1/2" ball valves with TC fittings
-- Mash out, mash in
25' 1/2" stainless coil inside for HERMS
RTD sensor for mash temp
RTD to XLR cable
Sabco stainless false bottom
Stainless diptube
1" thick foam insulation on sides and bottom (very nice quality, clean install, holds mash temp like a dream)
Stainless lid

BK:
5500 ULWD heating element with 10 AWG plug and sealed conduit box (like Kal's)
(2) 3-piece stainless 1/2" ball valves with TC fittings
-- Wort out, wort in
RTD sensor for mash temp
RTD to XLR cable
Sabco stainless false bottom
Stainless diptube
Calibrated BobbyM sightglass
Stainless lid

You'll notice in some of the photos, the burners are still attached. I ended up changing my mind after getting the stand and installing electric elements, but I still have the burners.
I'll consider selling the stand separate. It's all stainless and made by Pinup. It has mounts for two march pumps, a RIMS tube in the back, LP tank holder and a water filter on the side. I opted for larger casters, not sure on the size.

PRICING:

Stand- $600
HLT- $400 (not parting out)
MLT- $350 (not parting out)
BK- $400 (not parting out)

Brewery is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

68262_868593933709_7805721_47760728_1836898_n.jpg

I might be interested in the stand if it comes with the burners,gas lines etc.. Can you post some more pics? Interested in anything for trades?

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I ended up moving the brewery back to where I work in MD. So as of now, the brewery is back in action and off the market. Thanks for the inquiries.

Keggles and stand are back on the market, as is the control panel that I started a new thread for. PM me

kincade said:
Any photos available of the foam insulationon the mlt?

1" foam insulation covered in gorilla tape. It maintains a pinpoint mash temp with almost no fluctuation with the HERMS

image-3160921120.jpg

image-3488615139.jpg

image-1758769678.jpg

image-4030525907.jpg

I may be interested in the boil kettle. I'd use it for BIAB. I'm not really up on the herms systems or E-Brewing but what all would be needed to run one vessel? Could I just use a love controller type deal and run it from that?

I may be interested in the boil kettle. I'd use it for BIAB. I'm not really up on the herms systems or E-Brewing but what all would be needed to run one vessel? Could I just use a love controller type deal and run it from that?

Thanks Antler, but there are a bunch of people interested in the whole lot. If nobody takes the whole brewery, I'll start up a post to part out.

Back