Today was a good day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_c

Reaction score
OK, sitting here at the end of the brew day, and am very happy and content...

Today was a good day... I got my Coffee Stout put into secondary, kegged my cider (first keg ever, thank you Santa Claus) and brewed an Irish red that I plan on making into a Spruce... My 4 year old stepson helped me keep an eye on the steeping temps, cool the wort, and add the yeast...

I normally don't get this much time to do my thing, and in combination with starting all of the above about 1 pm, and cracking open my first Caramel Cream Ale, recipe gotten from this website, about 130, and keeping the supply line open til now, I'm pretty much a happy camper.

The only regret I have is some neighbors were walking their dog earlier, and stood at the street to ask some questions, and I was buzzed and had "damn it feels good to be a gangsta" on the garage sound system, so didn't exactly hear what they said, and had to act like what they said was funny... They probably think I'm an idiot.

Oh well, it doesn't matter.... Still drinking the Caramel Cream Ale (BTW, let it age, mine was not that good) and am getting ready to start a huge salad for dinner including turkey, ham, and crab, with my beautiful SWMBO (in case she reads this) and I couldn't ask for anything more. Today was a good day. :)

Reminds me of last summer. bbq pit going,our ales were ready to drink,we sat in the shade,minding thr 'q...good times.

:mug: gotta love those days! nothing like the first beer after a productive brew day. :mug:

Actually, nothing like the first beer at the BEGINNING of a brew day. :) As I get older I can appreciate more the drawing out of a good day... :) Much better than the go hard or go home days of my youth. LOL Calling it a day now after a good movie, ready to start the work week tomorrow with a bit of a headache but a lot less trepidation.

Found it on youtube...
Yes, I am almost too old, too white, and too much of a HBT newb, but damn it feels RIGHT. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfbGGZE07M]Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

To keep it consistent with the board, RDWHAHB. :) And for the kids (relatively speaking) this was the heat back in the day...

Back