Door to Door Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aswen001

Reaction score
I was just thinking, as someone rang my door bell trying to sell me another home security system. Wouldn't it be nice if they we trying to sell you a six of microbrew for their softball team's fundraiser? I wonder, could someone go through the right hoops to sell six packs door to door?

OMG! If they were a couple of cuties in Dirnd'ls, or however you spell the plural, I'd be out some serious cash. . . .

Im not going to say that you can't but I bet it is highly unlikely. I certainly hope it is at least ;)

I really hate these door to door sales people. I got burned once with the vacuum cleaner, didn't buy it but that's 3 hours of my life I could have spent doing better things. I see a kid walking around the neighborhood with a large plastic bin, spray bottle, bottle of soda, welcome mat, a freezer in your truck bed, etc etc I just go ballistic.

Recently I had a girl knock on my door at dark 30 trying to sell magazines subs for a competition. I tried to politely decline and she said "Well, there are 60 of us and if you buy from me I put a sticker on your door telling them you have already purchased, otherwise you are going to get 59 more knocks at your door." That finally tripped my trigger.

I am looking for a sign that says,
"ALL SOLICITORS WILL BE SHOT!
SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN!"
and answer the door with the mossberg in hand.

I don't care if you're selling beer or doling out BJs door to door. My home is not your place of business.

Sorry, I know this is hypothetical but this is one of my pet peeves :)

maybe someway to sell online and have deliver (that way FedEx checks for 21+) but that would run the cost up as much as the brew of the month club does.

Would be nice though.

Don't hate on door to door salesmen, thats what I gotta do in the summer to get painting contracts. Just hate the ******** that sell a bad product and try to sleaze their way into getting you to trust them.

I give them, and telemarketers, the respect to give them a very polite "No Thank You". All I ask in return is a very immediate and polite "Thank You for your time".

I am looking for a sign that says,
"ALL SOLICITORS WILL BE SHOT!
SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN!"
and answer the door with the mossberg in hand.

I don't care if you're selling beer or doling out BJs door to door. My home is not your place of business.

You'd really turn down Door to Door BJ's?

Door to Door salespeople must be an American thing, I think i can count on one hand the number of times I've had someone come to my door trying to sell me something.

Door to Door salespeople must be an American thing, I think i can count on one hand the number of times I've had someone come to my door trying to sell me something.

My understanding is that it's not as common as it used to be. I think they used to be really common in the 50s, but personally I don't think I've ever had anyone come to my door to sell me something outside of fundraisers.

when they get to my house,they take one look at the fence, and the BEWARE OF DOG sign. and they keep on walking. :mug:

the 'evans' and 'jehovahs' will always leave a pamplet of something in the mailbox on our gate. but they dont come in the yard. the only ones who will come in the yard are the pizza delivery people,my dog is cool with them.

You'd really turn down Door to Door BJ's?

Lol, who knows. It was more to emphasize my point. If I am at home, I am usually resting or busy working on something. I don't like to be interrupted when working and I hardly ever get to rest. I don't want to deal with the stress of some high pressure sales pitch on my door step. Yah know? I am always polite at first but I have no tolerance for sales pitch BS.

Apparently there's some "family" down the street that buys meat from these guys with the DIY freezer in a pickup and some how they always have extra meat they're trying to sell for a discount lol.

It'd be cool, yes. But two major hoops in the way.

1. Manufacturer's license
2. Distributor's license

It may be slightly off subject but it seems like every night at 8pm I have tucked in the youngsters and cracked a beer and ready to let the day go when suddenly the phone rings and it's someone trying to sell replacement windows.It's not door to door but at some point enough is enough.It is time to cool out after 8.I might be gettin old.

Back