• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Plate Chillers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The low end of shipping seems to be around $15 for one and $25 (priority) for two. I'll just go with that for everyone and eat the costs if they are higher. I see the duda chiller would be $100 + $10 shipping on their site and that particular model is on backorder so $95 shipped unused should be about right.

Just fair warning you may need to run caustic through the therminator, I bought it off a guy who included it with a larger purchase so I'm not sure how well off the inside is. The rest of the equipment he sold was extremely well maintained but I just wanted to throw it out there to be safe.

Duda: $95 SHIPPED
Therminator: $145 SHIPPED
Both: $235 SHIPPED

Any further questions, better pictures, etc. just let me know. I'll wait to hear from daksin since he/she expressed interest in both.

Wow awesome daksin, just saw your kickstarter. Always happy to support a nano/micro startup. -$10 for either chiller for you. Any other takers let me know but will hold out a bit longer to hear back from the 2 kids folks.

Thanks for the shoutout man- but I think I'm going to need a bigger chiller. Next in line can have it. Thanks for the consideration!

Still no takers, slight price drop!

Duda: $90 SHIPPED
Therminator: $135 SHIPPED

And a closer image of the duda front plate. It is the 40 plate variant never used.

zkMz5yB.jpg

(continental US, others welcome but might be more for shipping)

how old is the therminator? It looks like an older model if I'm not mistaken right?

Has the design changed since it was made under the sabco name?

I believe it is from 2009. I'll check if there is any fine print with model number and what have you on the faceplate, take a better picture and report back.

Alright a few more pictures of the Therminator.

Back connections:
d5AXnzr.jpg

Front connections:
nakNwIB.jpg

Front plate:
bsRbIwT.jpg

I also have one more picture of a side by side depth comparison of the therminator vs. duda 40 plate. The therminator is noticeably deeper. Imgur is acting up now, will post it if I can in a bit.

As you can see from the above pictures there are no model numbers listed, I think Sabco buys them from Blichman, slaps on their labels, and then either converts them into their monster chill wizards, or resells them as is for their "cheaper" (compared to 1k chill wizard) chill option to go with their Brew Magic systems.

I wouldn't think there are significant differences from current models, this one is from 2009 and is quite solid/impressive in person.

Sorry about huge pics, I wasn't sure how to use the thumbnail tags on here.

Back