New Beer Label - Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonlor20

Reaction score
Hey team!

My wife is turning 30 in February and I am brewing her a Chinook+Nelson+Ace Sorachi IPA on Thursday. I made up a label for the event (haven't made a label in a while).

The story is: We were playing Taboo and the word "happy" came up, and the person talking said, "what you do when you are joyous" and my SWMBO says, "Hop around!" I thought that was a pretty funny thing to say, so it didn't take too many leaps to get from "Hop around" to "Hops (in relation to beer) back to the name you see in the picture. Obviously a Dr. Suess IPA theme.

Feedback please!

HoponPop_zpscc051563.jpg

I hate to be "that guy" but the bottom text is near impossible to read and the bright colors are really too vivid. I'd desaturate the background so it isn't competing with the foreground and work on the bottom line so it is more legible.

I hate to be "that guy" but the bottom text is near impossible to read and the bright colors are really too vivid. I'd desaturate the background so it isn't competing with the foreground and work on the bottom line so it is more legible.

I would have to agree with Mr. Thunder here. I can't read it. Besides that I think its great!

Shift the blue text to a bit darker color of blue, the shadow works to make the top half easy to see, but the bottom.. not so much. The rest looks great.

Back