Ever had a peanut butter and bacon sandwich?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

I’m not wrong. I’m left handwriting
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up with these. Seems like nobody except my siblings have ever heard of this. My mom had a few strange treats up her sleeve it seems.

Here are some of them..

Standard tomato soup but you add freshly popped popcorn.. sort of like adding crumbled crackers.. maybe we just did that

During flu season, warm milk with some sugar and cinnamon in it and torn up dried white toast. Soft on the tummy and tasty.

Peanut butter, mayonaise and bannan open topped sandwich.

Standard grilled cheese sandwich with a layer of grape jelly on the top. (after the sandwich was grilled). Cheddar cheese of course.

Okay, yes it's comfort food. What are yours?

Take a spoon of peanut butter and freeze it. Wrap raw bacon around it. Pin together with a toothpick. Deep fry.

You can also roll it in flour with brown sugar and then fry it.

:rockin:

Zuljin said:
Take a spoon of peanut butter and freeze it. Wrap raw bacon around it. Pin together with a toothpick. Deep fry.

You can also roll it in flour with brown sugar and then fry it.

:rockin:

Ahhh now your soundin like a true american. :)

Tomato sandwich. Nothing but tomato, white bread, mayo, salt and pepper. That's what home tastes like to me.

Dan, My mom used to make me PB and bacon sandwiches too. On toast. They were great. Had forgotten all about them until your post. Guess what I'll be making soon. Hope it is good as I remember.

Had a lot of pb and banana sandwiches growing up (and still do) but never pb and bacon. Sounds like a winner to me. I love the mix of salty and sweet.

cinammin and sugar toast was always the normal sick food. Mom knew how to get us eating.

I once did a book report in grade school on George Washington Carver because of his awesome invention of Peanut Butter:rockin:

Let's see...wavy lines bringing me back to childhood:
Peanut butter and butter
Grilled PB&J
BLT w/ PB
PB and Potato Chips on a sandwich to get the crunch
Of course PB w/ Banana sliced either way

Others:
Franks and Beans and Mac and Cheese
Smoked Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans in a stew

Grape jelly also goes well with a sausage muffin you get at fast food breakfast places

Dan, My mom used to make me PB and bacon sandwiches too. On toast. They were great. Had forgotten all about them until your post. Guess what I'll be making soon. Hope it is good as I remember.

Ha ha... Dave, I'll bet it will be!

Man I'm getting hungry with all the great suggestions you guys are putting up.

My girlfriend makes what she calls toasty dogs on occasion which I guess she ate growing up. Slice of white bread, slice of cheese and a hot dog. Roll it all up, stick a toothpick through it to keep it rolled, and pop it in the oven until the bread is toasted.

Bacon was always eaten as a separate food in my home, with the exception of crumpled in bean soup.

Latest posts

Back