One gallon carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtd6628

Reaction score
I just took six gallons of an APA made with 1.5# wheat and 1# crystal 10. Hop addition 1oz each Columbus cascade 20 min 1oz each Columbus cascade 10 min. Turned it into 4.5g dry hoped with 2oz Columbus and 1oz cascade. Then put the last gallon in my baby carboy with the zest of four oranges and .5oz citra and .5 oz of centennial.

Cool deal, I like experimenting but four oranges worth of zest for one gallon!!! I've never done anything with fruit really but that sound like a lot in my mind. Report back please, I'm curious.

Cool deal, I like experimenting but four oranges worth of zest for one gallon!!! I've never done anything with fruit really but that sound like a lot in my mind. Report back please, I'm curious.

I used the zest of 2.5 oranges on a 5 gallon batch before and the orange aroma was strong. I have to imagine 4 in one gallon is overkill.

I used the zest of 2.5 oranges on a 5 gallon batch before and the orange aroma was strong. I have to imagine 4 in one gallon is overkill.

I regularly use 2 grapefruit and two oranges in my one gallon and only get a hint. I started doing vodka extracts as well I'm my secondary just to get it to the desired flavor I like on a few recipes

Back