So what are you brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Tis a good day. I just ordered three more cornies. My Ordinary bitters is perfectly carb'd in my keg.

And my Belgian Wit (finally got off my @ss) is mashing at a nice 153 degrees as we speak. It's about 60 degrees outside and a slight drizzle...stereo in the garage is kicked up... :rockin:

Coriander and Orange Bitter smell awesome... :cross:

And my SWMBO is out at a happy hour... :ban:

Yep. The life of a homebrewer is sweet.

If all goes well, I'll be brewing up a Chocolate Stout, and a Belgian Tripel this weekend. I've had the ingredients since last weekend!!! MAN!!! I hate when that happens.

5gB

5gBrewer said:
If all goes well, I'll be brewing up a Chocolate Stout, and a Belgian Tripel this weekend. I've had the ingredients since last weekend!!! MAN!!! I hate when that happens.

5gB

Same here. My Wit has been sitting on the counter for a week and I had to walk by it everyday. But it's draining into the pot right now baby...

omniscientomar said:
You mean she's not drinking your homemade goodness?!

Nah. Some Mexican joint they're at so prolly a lime beer of some sort....

Me, I'm chuggin a stout right now. Gotta get primed for St. Patty's day.

I was going to brew a Hazelnut Stout. But now I'm taking the weekend off. My daughter and I have been sick since Wednesday.

Brewing my last extract kit this weekend; AHB Summit IPA. There will be a bunch of firsts for me for many reasons though and I'm excited as hell:
1. First real "Mini mash" using my newly built MT
2. First full boil with my new 10g kettle
3. First time chilling with my newly built wort chiller
4. First time using my new aeration system.

Next batch is going to be AG, but this should get my feet wet with the PM. really looking forward to it!

Dan

I'm making a modified version of my last porter recipe, this time with some Munich malt.

Just finally got home from Rochester and I'm only around for tomorrow but I hope to brew my monstorously hoppy IPA recipe. I'm flying to Atlanta on Sunday so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to fit it into the schedule though. :(

brewhead said:
30 gallons of kolsch

My SWMBO wants to come visit you...Kolsch is the only HB of mine she'll drink.
30 GALLONS !!!! HOLY ****

ColleensKolsch_A.jpg

No brewing this weekend. I got 30 lbs of pork shoulder smoking on the BGE for my daughters Regatta this weekend. I donate the Pulled Pork for the concession stand that they use as a fund raiser.

Then it's kegging a Haus Pale Ale & an Apfelwein, Racking a Kolsch, and bottling up 3 WL029 starters for later use.

My first crack at a German Pilsner is mashing away at arms length on the deck. So far so good.

I also kegged my Orange Wit this morning. I need to head to the tank swap place too, my CO2 is about to kick...

Ryan_PA said:
My first crack at a German Pilsner is mashing away at arms length on the deck. So far so good.

I also kegged my Orange Wit this morning. I need to head to the tank swap place too, my CO2 is about to kick...
What were your Gravity readings on your wit? I just finished one and I'm curious to compare notes.

Doing a Amarillo extract IPA and a partial mash Mt Hood American Brown Ale. Two different studies on hops I have not tried.

Evets said:
"Pliny the Bastid", pitching on a Pacman "Kaduva IPA" cake.
Wow! I pitched the Pliny and it took off within an hour. This morning I have krausen all the way thru my blow-off tube! Simply amazing.

JonKyleandBlowoff003.jpg

Boiling the strong golden from Brew Like a Monk. My starter isn't starting. I have an extra tube warming in my pocket. Apart from the yeast I feel good about this brew, 80% efficiency, first try fly sparging, aeration system up and running. Should be great, if my yeast wasn't murdered by usps.

Back