BrewFest at Mount Hope Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krenshaw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
just curious if anybody from the board is entering in this competition.. i have 4 beers in, its the first one i've ever competed in so i'm pretty psyched!.. there are like 30 breweries there for tasting as well and my lovely mother is taking my daugter out for the day and being the DD for my wife and I to imbibe freely :rockin:

its this saturday, may 12 from 11-3 and 4:30-8:30.. the competition is in the first session so that's the one we're attending..

here are the ones i've entered (swmbo and i had a great time naming them):
- Brand New Castle Brown Ale (almost a clone of new castle brown)
- Plaid Pajama Scotch Ale (my fav of the bunch)
‎- 2nd Breakfast Oatmeal Stout (just like the hobbits drink)
- Nip of Persuasion IPA (started out as a two hearted clone, but changed it up a little bit to make it my own)

i'll let you know how i do in a couple weeks.. :drunk:

I dropped off three entries for this on Friday. Entered an IPA, Bohemian Pils and a cherry/honey wheat. I'm not planning on attending, more interested in the feedback from the judges.

Good luck with your entries and have fun at the brewfest. I have heard really good things about it!

Theo

Thank you. It is my first all grain attempt at a vienna but placed it in 7A. Looking back, I think I made the right choice.

Good job kind sir. Have you gotten your critique sheets yet? I don't know if I'm just being impatient, or not, but it sure seems like it has been a long time. I guess it’s only been two weeks. I really would like to know what they thought. As you, this was my first competition.

i just got my mail today and it hasn't come yet.. they said they would be mailed by 2 weeks from the competition, so i guess today is the last day they can be mailed.. if i don't get it by tue i'll email the coordinator person again to see what's up

Received my scoresheets today. Got some really productive feedback. I didn't place at all, but it looks like I pretty much placed fourth in every flight I entered. :rockin:

Back