New Ebay seller with stir plates.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbeckett

Reaction score
Just got my daily notice from Ebay on brewing supplies and equipment. There is a new seller marketing a home built stir plate for 49 bucks. He builds then himself and warrants them to work properly. It includes a stir bar and a keeper magnet for use when pouring. I can hardly build one for much less and even though I am retired my time is worth something. So Take a look around ebay if you get a minute. I deleted the email or I would include the link. Sorry
Bob

Found the link. Here it is:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1102...tem=140696291703&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I purchased my stir starter from him and I love it. He has a good reputation on this forum, as he stands behind his product.

I purchased my stir starter from him and I love it. He has a good reputation on this forum, as he stands behind his product.

Thank you Pstrohs,
I am usually a little leary about putting up links to ebay sellers because there are some shady characters out there. I'm glad this fellow is a good egg and is also a member here. I dont feel so bad about the link now. I'm working my way to all grain and yeast farming, but have to budget since I am diasabled and on a limited fixed income. I'll get there but it will take a bit longer and I will have to build as much as I can to save cash. Fortunately I am a welder/mechanic by former trade so that stuff is easy and I have the equipment to do all of that still.
Bob

I have one, and overall and especially considering the price I am satisfied with it. It will absolutely not pull a vortex through anything larger than a 2000 ml flask, and that just barely. It is a quality stir plate though

I just ordered one of these myself directly from stirstarters.com and he has a lifetime warranty and free shipping with a stir bar (1 inch) and a magnet to stick on bottom of flask when pouring so you don't lose it. It's also free shipping! Can't go wrong with that.

Oh and another thing... Don't try to put larger than a 1" stir bar on this place. It will never balance

I have one and love it, works as designed

Fast service, good communicator during the transaction

Don't hesitate
Toy4Rick

Orders one yesterday with the 1 liter flask. Got an email reply to how I was going to add the flask quickly. All of the good press about his products and great customer service are right on. I really like doing business with straight up folks who dont waste your time with smoke and mirrors. So I will be a yeast farmer pretty soon. I think I am going to farm a few different strains and see which ones I like and give me the best flavor and least amount of headache. I am learning a ton too, and thats great for an old phart like me.
Bob

I just bought one of these directly from his website. It was $45 including shipping. It came in the mail 3 or 4 days later. Works fantastically. Nice and quiet. Looks professionally done. Great product.

badbrew said:
Don't forget the extra stir bar for when you drop it in the carboy.

I lost one that way and I have another in the carboy right now!

Quick update.... Dan is the man. My stir plate arrived at 9 AM this morning. I ordered it later in the afternoon on Friday. Thats just unbelievable. Then I open the super well packaged box and there is a label on it that says it eas built for me. Everthing was packed in peanuts and bubble wrap. The Fedex guy who punted the flat screen would have been beaten by this packaging. So, I stand by my original thoughts and recomend this vendor without reservation. Buy from him and see what a great customer experience you too will have. If he comes out with a line of stuff, I'll be at the front of his line ready to buy whatever he has. Thanks Dan!!!!
Bob

I ordered my stirplate last Saturday and recieved it on Monday! Unbelieveable. It was packaged very well and looks solid. Havent had a chance to try it out yet. Great Service! :mug:

I've found that the 1" stir bar with a rib on the center is much better than the included "Vicodin" type stir bar included with the plate. ;)

I have a stirplate and I am very happy with it. However, I would avoid purchasing Erlenmeyer flasks from this seller, as they are cheap quality/non-pyrex/made in India. I bought one and it broke very easily, although he did offer to replace it I declined and spent the dough on a Pyrex 2000mL flask instead.

The Flask that came with mine is a good quality heavy glass piece. It doen't appear to be Indian, but could be. I am very satisfied with the quality of the stirrer and the flask too. I know he watches this site, so he has seen this and probably is making or has made changes already. Sometimes cheap is just cheap and sometimes cheap is sub-standard. I am positive it was unitentional if you got a weak one. Thanks
Bob

I have one, and overall and especially considering the price I am satisfied with it. It will absolutely not pull a vortex through anything larger than a 2000 ml flask, and that just barely. It is a quality stir plate though

I second this. Good product overall.

Back