What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye. I've been on a rye beer exploratory jag lately and I think this is my favorite commercial rye so far. Founders comes second I forget what it was called then Widemer O'ryelly.

Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale... The Irish pub up the street from me has Sammy Smith Winter Welcome on tap, had a few last night.

Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye. I've been on a rye beer exploratory jag lately and I think this is my favorite commercial rye so far. Founders comes second I forget what it was called then Widemer O'ryelly.

I'm having this now. Kind of let down by it. It's not bad, but not something I would get again.

Bell's Hopslam....similar to Pliny the Elder, but a little dryer and a more honey - alcohol finish!:mug:

i completly disagree,hopslam had sticky sweetness,whereas pliney had a cleaner finish. i think those are not similar only in the fact they are dubbleipa's.:mug:

gotta get up super early tomorrow for work and brewing (good to have a second job where you work at home!)
so i'm debating a barely wine to sip on... i'll report back!

Ok it's now 30 minutes after my last post and I'm finishing my 2nd to last pumpkin ale. When these are gone, the pipeline is empty. :(

Next beer is about a week away from being bottled. Double :(

Disappointing beer night for me. Started with an ola dubh 12, which was great. Then a bomber of homebrewed ipa from a homebrewer that works at my local distributor. Tastes like perfume. Not totally bad, but not to my liking. Now i'm having a Jolly Pumpkin farmhouse ale. I give up. Switching to my homebrew.

Do it... You know you want to :)

okay, okay, okay, you talked me into it... :tank:

doing a line up of some older home brews (bout a year old, and my most recent one)

Brown ale kit from austin home brew, almost exactly a year old (shy of about a week)
moderate fussel alcohol, which is disapointing because i know the flavor is there, i just can't taste it all! :(

Chocolate stout from about march of this year
HIGH fussel alcohol... phew, bleh... don't know how i got this far through the batch!

(thank god i finally got a temperature controlled fridge!)

pumpkin ale from reno_envy (i think his name is)
tastes amazing! apart from that damn plastic taste... which im' pretty much going to blame tap water on the culprit, because after i started to control my ferm temps properly on an unhoppy beer... that started shining through.

Tomorrows brew day is hopefully an imperial IPA of sorts. should hit about 1.100 or 1.095 hopefully. and about 45 IBU with a ton of late hopping... although i may jump that to about 60-65 with some simcoe at the beginning... we'll see!

Homebrewed dead guy ale kit which is tasting great. Cracked the first one tonight after being in bottles for two weeks. I added a bit of honey and an extra can of lme trying to get a maltier flavor and less afterbite and its great and hits you hard at 8.8% and no strong alcohol taste :)

Im on my last few sips of Dennys porter @ 2 weeek and its making me look like a beer pedofile. I will re evaluate in 2 months.

Local grocery store had Shock Top for $1 each, so I tried the Raspberry Wheat (tasted like candy, WAY too sweet) and Belgian Style (clearly doesn't use Belgian yeast, the orange overtakes the supposed coriander and spices).

Final verdict, it was worth $2 to never mistakenly buy these on a cheap beer run.

Hofbrau Dunkel at the Hofbrau bar in S Miami Beach.

staticmap

image-918667532.jpg

Back