Haier 5.3 cu. ft. HNCM05SEC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadicalEd

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had heard of this freezer, and know how good of a conversion it might make to a keezer. Strangely, the product model is not listed on the haier site, under products or instruction manuals, so I'm afraid I can't link you to it.

The main reason I ask is because the freezer is being offered right now at Kroger (of all places...) for $100, down from $220. I think you need to buy $20 of frozen food or something, but I'll eat that anyway. Here's the skimpy deals page it's listed on.

The unit dimensions are listed as: (WxDxH)

29-11/32' x 22-1/6' x 32-19/32'

or

745mm x 560mm 828mm

By my own crude measurements, I found that
W (deeper section) ~ 14.5"
W (hump) ~ 9.5"
D ~ 16"

*I forgot to grab the interior height :p

Sound reasonable to you guys? Probably only able to hold 2 cornies and a CO2 tank, but for $100 that's a damn tempting target. And I already have a temp controller, so I'd be right in business :D.

brand new for $100, doesn't sound too bad. that same size Kenmore chest freezer is like $170 or so. normally I always suggest at least 7.4cu but even though its some off-brand, it sounds like a good deal.

The dimensions sound right for 2 cornies and a 5lb cylinder, without requiring a collar. it should also hold a bucket or carboy for lager brewing. and the ledge should hold at least a half case of bottles.

Back