Help with a Paper Topic for School

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewjack

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm just starting my first semester of college biology, and am planning on enrolling in the honors program. So basically this means I take the same course but am supposed research and write a lengthy report on a topic of my choosing.

It wasn't hard to decide that I wanted to write and research about beer.

But what exactly? One constraint of the paper is that it should require some significant research, not just paraphrasing a single source. I've been thinking I would do something on yeast, maybe comparing the different species of sacromyceses to one another and compare/contrasting them with brett? Maybe something on enzymes?

I'm hoping that whatever I research will help me in my brewing. Any suggestions? more specific ideas? more general ideas? other things of interest that you would want to dump a lot of time into if you were in my shoes?

Cheers,
Jack

When you say that the project needs to include 'significant research' does that mean you need to be doing experiments/theoretical development/data analysis, or that you need to be writing more of a review article using multiple sources? If you're going to be doing experiments then the type of project will depend a lot on what resources you'll have available. If you're writing a review article, then you're going to be limited to what sort of literature is available.

Good point.

I'm not doing any of my own experiments, it's more of a review article.

Your exactly right about what info is available, and that's where I'm having trouble; I'm not clear what I will/won't be able to do or what would be too easy.

Back