Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baby Tears Amber Ale

image-2307047173.jpg

To everyone that has posted here, I am blown away from the creativeness that has been displayed! WOW! Super cool!

I've been using this theme for a while. The beer version of the label is a shaker pint rather than an apple, and the beer in the shaker pint is the general color of the beer inside. The wave things are just some sort of nicely contrasting color, generally.
fZHLb.jpg

I love the gradient pattern of the hops in the background...those subtle addition can really make the label

I've been using this theme for a while. The beer version of the label is a shaker pint rather than an apple, and the beer in the shaker pint is the general color of the beer inside. The wave things are just some sort of nicely contrasting color, generally.
fZHLb.jpg

Really like this one -- awesome use of retro video game vibe, really effective IMO.

Nice work!

My good friend, cycling buddy and fellow craft/Homebrew drinker made these as a gift for me this past Christmas. He's a creative dude that came up with all the imagery, layout and stories. Coolest gift I've ever received. These are all on 22oz bottles.

6328-joesbrew-joey-locals-know-him-has-been-brewing-his-specialty-beers-since-2010-his-place-woods-outside-paola-ks-hang-out-guys-well-got-expensive-buying-all-beer-although-no-master-brewer-any-stretch-imagination-joeys-pretty-smart-cookie-learning-fast-so-if-youre-ever-his-neck-woods-bring-your-bike-hit-trails-definitely-stay-drink-his-beer-just-careful-how-many-you-have.jpg

Joes BrewTop Logo Label
Joey, as the locals know him, has been brewing his specialty beers since 2010. His place in the woods outside of Paola, KS is a hang-out for the guys, and well, it got expensive buying all that beer. Although no Master Brewer by any stretch of the imagination, Joey's a pretty smart cookie and is learning fast. So if you're ever in his neck-of-the-woods, bring your bike, hit the trails and definitely stay and drink his beer. Just be careful how many you have.

From left to right in the picture above. Each bottle has it's own story.

Jo Mama – Farmhouse Ale
Apologies to Joe's Mom, she does not look like this. However, word has it he has seen this pose more than a few times. Joey was not what you would call a 'trouble maker.' But, due to his curious nature, did find his way into trouble a few times. This hoppy edition of a classic farmhouse ale is best enjoyed slowly and with your hands on the reins. I know, tastes so good that's hard to do! Let's just say strange things have happened to those that try to drink a third...

Sloppy Joe – Double IPA
Although our Joe doesn’t get sloppy very often, this beer can sneak up on him. And who can blame him? Full bodied with a great taste and a hoppy bite, it’s easy to open another one. But consider yourself warned. If too sloppy, don’t drive or operate heavy machinery! Just do as Joe does: get sloppy at home.

Special Brew - Chain Gang – Copper Ale
Joe and the guys like to ride their bikes…a lot. They ride on the road, ride with their kids to school, ride trails through the woods over knarly rocks and downed trees, ride gravel roads through the countryside and even ride indoors on rollers and trainers. So, they decided to start their own bike club and Joe serves as it’s VP. Some meetings they get more done than others. Deep own, they all know the meetings are an excuse to get together and tell stories, ride and have a few cold beers. Just don’t tell their wives…

Joltin Jo – IPA
Ok, we know Joltin’ Jo was the nickname given to a baseball icon. And, our Joe really digs baseball. However, his real love is raslin’ (or wrestling). In addition to his day job, hobbies and generally hectic lifestyle, Joe manages to coach the local youth rastlin’ team. That’s why his favorite beer goes with his
fav sport. You’ll love this classic American IPA, hopefully as much as Joe loves 2 sweaty guys in tights on a mat rolling around with each other! Nevermind that, it’s good stuff. Let’s just hope his singlet stays in retirement!

Joe’s Landing – Oatmeal Stout
A moment for true inspiration! Joe took to mountain biking a few years ago. While riding the local trails with the guys, he had his first real ‘endo.’ What’s that? That’s when your bike suddenly stops, and physics takes over. Joe recalls, as he flew over the handlebars, how things moved in slow motion…until physics stopped him cold. He smacked head-first into a tree and tumbled down the hill. Bruised and battered, Joe took a while to figure out where he was. We made sure he had a comfortable seat, and a cold Oatmeal Stout in his hand. Thus inspiration for a section of trail and a beer!

Not Jo Beer – Pale Ale
Not Jo Beer, unless you buy it of course. But you won’t want to share. Just buy some cheap watery beer to hand out to the guests and keep this in the fridge for you. Joe tries to keep this one on tap at all times. After a hard bike ride, or a run in the woods, or chasin’ down one of his chickens, nothing beats this classic Pale Ale.

I've not done any bottling yet but have all that I need except to establish a way to bottle from my kegs. That's coming next.

As if I didn't already have enough pressure from my friends and family to keep homebrew on tap, now I've got to bottle it! ;) I just hope I can make recipes/beer that do the labels justice.

Great label.

That's a sweet label!

Thanks guys. I (well really my girlfriend) changed the color to an off white to bring out the text and picture. I thought everything was getting washed out by a similar color. Also resized it to make it more labely. It was quite big before. Ill edit this when its finished.

My first label. Also setting up a database that imports the label image, prints them out at 6 per page, and stores it along with the brewing data.

longlegged_S&M3.jpg

Here is my first label for my first beer, although I still may add some sidebars w/text. Basic idea is that we'll name each beer after a various hare brained idea from history (first up is Stonehenge...which may have made sense at the time, but today seems a little loopy, what with draging those heavy stones all over England :)

Just bought some nice paper for these today, looking forward to getting these printed and applied to the bottles!

SMALL WEB Flattened complete bitter label resized.jpg

My rendition of Martian Matters Brown Ale. Bottled the same night we butchered my brother's deer from this past season.

dead-deer-ale-label_400ppi.jpg

My first label. Also setting up a database that imports the label image, prints them out at 6 per page, and stores it along with the brewing data.

:off: I'm very interested in the database of which you speak. I'm not sure this thread is the place to discuss but I have a feeling more people would be interested. If nothing else, I'd like to hear more.

Nice label. I'm curious how on earth you're getting a 17.4% cider. By my math you'd have to start with an OG around 1.125 and finish around 0.995

Oops! Should be 12.5%, I have fixed the original file. Thanks for pointing that out.

Here is another new one, an imperial stout I brewed in September and bottled recently.
BeerLabelImperialStout.jpg

It was from a kit from Midwest, which according to my tradition means the label will be a parody of a commercial beer, this one being Victory's Storm King Imperial Stout.

Back