Weldless parts.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbulger

Reaction score
Does any one know the part numbers from mcmaster carr for the weldless bukhead parts that are sold online. I have a few things that need the red o-ring and teh stainless steel washers for a 1/2" ball valve. I tried looking on their site but got confused with the right parts to get.

McMaster in not that much more expensive. I just ordered from them as they had some other stuff I wanted.

partnum=4464K214 =Type 304 SS Thrd Pipe Fitting 1/2" Pipe Size, 1-1/16" OD, Cplg, 1000 PSI, 1-3/8" L $4.59

partnum=4830K171 =Std-Wall Type 304/304L SS Thrd Pipe Nipple 1/2" Pipe X 1-1/8" Length, Fully Threaded $2.30

The reason mcmaster carr makes sense to me is because i need 4 washers.I can get a pack of ten for 6 bucks and it works out to be about the same as bargain fittings. I just need to figure out the right sizes for everything because i dont know much about plumbing.

Here found this on the internet

McMaster-Carr part numbers
4464K214 Stainless full coupling, 1/2" pipe size,
4830K171 Stainless Steel 1/2" Close Nipple, Fully Threaded,
98126A797 Stainless Steel Shim(sold only as a pack of 10 @ $10.38)
9396K32 Silicone O-Ring (sold only as a pack of 50 @ $14.53)*
4429K124 1/2" Locknut, Brass (with groove for o-ring)
4190K22 1/2" Brass Ball Valve, Full Port

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes I will be doing the same thing in the next few weeks.

I went out to but a valve and barb for my pump, and it cost me the same from Ace Hardware as the entire righ from Great Bargain (which has more pieces). Go with GreatBargain.

Just make sure you design your system around one hose size, and let him know which size you'd like your barb when you order. I made the mistake of setting up my system using different barb and hose sizes.

Back