College Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
Who is your team and how far will they go?

LOUISVILLE CARDINALS - Win Big East, Win BCS bowl game, top 5 post season.

Loiusville does look good. I'm a Notre Dame guy. Grew up watching ND highlights on Sunday morning, Army too. Always followed them since then. Don't think they're very good this year. Unless that freshman QB is as good as they say he is.

WI Badgers and a bandwagon AZ Wildcats fan. AZ has not provided me the opportunity to hop on that wagon in the 10 years I've lived here though.

I grew up a Notre Dame fan, they were my first love. I'm also a Syracuse fan but they make it tough to root for them. Maybe McNabb has another year of eligibility left?

Senior year at SC right now, going with the boys in cardinal and gold.

One week til we see if John David can handle the pressure.

Badgers, of course. Doubt they have what it takes to beat Michigan, but a BCS bid isn't out of the question. Especially since the stupid "2 team per conference" rule screwed us out of one last year.

Ooooo Ssssss Uuuuuuu Fight fight fight!

Our Beavers lost our QB and have a new one this year, a review done by some local sports authority watching their most recent scrimmage says they may have one of the best defenses they've seen in years. Our offense still has some amazing players, i just hope our new QB will step up.

Beaver Nation!

UW Badgers!! Of course they haven't been to the Rose Bowl since my brother stopped playing but hey at least they got rid of the most over rated LT since Chris McIntosh. Probably the strongest D in the Big Ten with most of their O coming back. I personally think they made the wrong choice at QB but I'm not at the practices. I think they are going make a run at the BCS game but knowing the history of playing down to the other teams level it's going to be tough.

I am also a huge Notre Dame fan. It's looking uncertain for this year but I personally think they are getting better overall as a team even with out Quinn and the man who's name I won't speak again(he's now a cub's pitcher) comma who I think was very over rated as a WR except he could break tackles like a mad man. ND will be over .500 this year but some growing pains could show up.

Travis KilPatrick said:
Fighting Illini...although I don't think they will go very far. If they beat Michigan or Ohio It will make my college football season!
Oskee-wow-wow

joebou4860 said:
NNNNNNN CCCCCCCC STAAAAAATE

and they will only go as far as western ave to get wendy's after the game

:rockin: But they are coming to Pirate Country....Greenville, NC

HOME OF East Carolina University......

GO PIRATES!!!!!

Hey Hey, EC, you look so good to me!!

Oh, ummm I guess that tells you guys who my team is :D

U of L plays Thursday. Our in state rivals U of K chickened out of a first game blow out and switched to the 3rd game instead. So we evidently were scrambling for someone to play last minute. Look out Murray state. God help you.

I'm sure I'm not looking forward to a whole lot of good out of my team. I'm a KU guy. As long as they give Kansas State a good run and beat Mizzou, I'm a happy camper. Our fat coach has done a lot of good for the team but I'm afraid the improvement has hit a plateau.

thebikingengineer said:
The Ohio State University!!!!

I just finished drinking a bunch of your "just another OSU" people under the table at a confrence in DC..... So I'm gonna give a good ole GIG 'EM AG'S!!!! If we cant beat 'em, out drink 'em!

deathweed said:
I just finished drinking a bunch of your "just another OSU" people under the table at a confrence in DC..... So I'm gonna give a good ole GIG 'EM AG'S!!!! If we cant beat 'em, out drink 'em!
I'd believe it, you'd think that with the amount of drinking some of the kids here do they'd know how to handle themselves...oh well. Just so you know, there are some of us that do know how to hold our alcohol.

Evan! said:
I'll get back to you after VT plays LSU...until then, baseless speculation and dick-waving is not my cup-o-tea ;)

That is awfully adult of you......

I guess I should have been more specific.

THIS THREAD IS EXPLICITLY FOR BASELESS SPECULATION AND SHAMELESS DICK WAVING!!

If you don't like it, start your own thread!(not serious, I respect your restraint)
I like VT, I like them a lot better without little Vick. That bastard stood on our man's leg in the 05 bowl game. "Dirty pool Old Man!" Dirty pool indeed. Then he got arrested for waving a gun in a Mcdonalds parking lot...classy.

My Dad is VT alumni.....'73 I think?

Syracuse Orangemen!!! ORANGEMEN not ORANGE! F***ing hate that, dumbest thing they ever did was change our names. We are probably going to finish in the middle of the pack or dead last. Its been very hard watching these days. Thank god for beer...Bring back the McNabb days!!!

Syracuse is playing Washington this friday night and we are actually on ESPN!!!

Announcer: Today we salute you, Mr. Delusional, Irrational Notre Dame football Fan....

Announcer: Season after season, year after year, you try to justify your absurdly high pre-season ranking.
Backup singer: Why aren't we number one??

Announcer: You scramble to make futile attempts at damage control when the Irish lose to yet another grossly inferior opponent.
Backup singer: Charlie's headset was broken!

Announcer: Inevitably, you'll bring up the past, and boast of championships won 20 years before you were born.
Backup singer: We wore leather helmets!!

Announcer: You will point out that you have more heisman winners than any other program, as though that is relevant to the current season.
Backup singer: Been playing since the 1880ssssss!

Announcer: Go on, ignore that home loss to Boston College in the regular season for the 6th consecutive time in a row...
Backup singer: BC has better Christians!!

Announcer: And continue to believe that you'll actually win a bowl game some time this century.
Backup singer: We're O for the 2000's!!!

Announcer: So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Emperor of Excuses, and take comfort knowing that when you don't finish in the top 25, you'll be back to number three when the pre-season polls come out next year.
Backup singer: Mr. Delusional, Irrational and Hopelessly Pathetic Irish Fannnnnnn!

I love how Notre Dame has almost twice the amount of fans as any other one team and is hated more than any whole conference. People who don't know college football know that alot of people hate ND so they make fun of ND. Oh yeah they lost three games last year all to BCS bowl teams. Oh dang that means they lost to "infierier" opponents. Heck I'll come up with another one for one of my teams Wisconsin loses to Northwestern more than it loses to any other big ten team west of Indiana-Ohio border. How about FSU losing to Clemson every two out of three years. Hell two years ago Tennessee lost to Vanderbult! Now thats losing to a infierier opponent. (Sorry Vandy guy)

THE Ohio State Buckeyes.

They'll walk away with the Big Ten yet again this year, stomping Michigan along the way.

Mulcahey's Brewing said:
Syracuse Orangemen!!! ORANGEMEN not ORANGE! F***ing hate that, dumbest thing they ever did was change our names. We are probably going to finish in the middle of the pack or dead last. Its been very hard watching these days. Thank god for beer...Bring back the McNabb days!!!

Syracuse is playing Washington this friday night and we are actually on ESPN!!!

I hear you. That sucks. Well, see you Sept 22nd! Good luck.

cheezydemon said:
I hear you. That sucks. Well, see you Sept 22nd! Good luck.

Thanks for the good luck...we'll need it. Going to it? I'll be home, hopefully trying to find it on tv, so I can drink while they get tromped on. Although, you never know, maybe we'll show up this year...

We should be really good in basketball this year!!!! Do you know how frustrating it was to watch last year when we were beating you guys all game and then lose in the last like two minutes?

Mulcahey's Brewing said:
Thanks for the good luck...we'll need it. Going to it? I'll be home, hopefully trying to find it on tv, so I can drink while they get tromped on. Although, you never know, maybe we'll show up this year...

We should be really good in basketball this year!!!! Do you know how frustrating it was to watch last year when we were beating you guys all game and then lose in the last like two minutes?

Hee Hee! We are looking pretty good in bball this year too! Are we talking about the same game? I remember that being awesome! (Hmmmm...must have something to do with your point of view.....Lol)
No, I won't be at the football game in person, unfortunately. I hope it is a good game.

We unleashed a little fury last night on poor Murray state....It was a decent showing by them, but 73-10? It got boring. I am honestly not bragging, we shouldn't have been playing them.

Back