Grain Buy near Saskatoon SK CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brieuxster,

Let me know next time you are going to Western Malt Distributors. I'm not experienced enough to be doing AG brews but maybe I will be by then.

-David

You bet. Going to brew right now! I pick up grain by ordering in advance from that brewery in Sutherland and buy base malt by the sackfull.
Once my base malt drops down a bit more I will get another order organized.

Paddockwood? I didn't realize that they sold grains. Saskatoon is turning out to be a fairly brew-friendly city.

Consider them sympathetic, at times a kilo of grain can be found bagged up if you walk in. Best to send in a request by email and pick it up after a day or two. Some hops too.

Have pale malt two row, and rice hulls on order now. Anyone want to split a bag of anything?

Yo, thanks for posting this link. I just moved to Moose Jaw and this thread showed up in my search. Thank goodness there is a place within driving distance to get bulk malt.

Wascana wine and brew in Regina seem to have more hops and other bits of specialty grain than the usual boxed wine stores. If you get in scout them out.

Apologies for reviving this old thread. I am looking desperately for somewhere near Regina to order my malt. LHBS charges nearly $8/pound which is getting ridiculous. Part of my enjoyment in brewing my own is the cutting down of costs compared to just buying craft beers from the liquor store, but at that price it isn't possible.

Does this Western Malt Distributor have a website or anything? I want to find out what they have and how to order it from them etc.

No problem on the thread mate, that is what it is for. The original post had the brochure, complete with products and prices. I understand that Regina has a wonderful club, ALES and I think they meet at Bushwackers. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ale-and-Lager-Enthusiasts-of-Saskatchewan-ALES-Club/ perhaps you will get some tips from those pros. Another brew club in Saskatchewan meets at Paddockwood Craft brewery in Saskatoon. Get on the phone with people, happy brewing. Dan in St. Brieux, yes it is pronounced Saint Brew.

Back