Found cheap CO2 tank and regulator on Craigslist...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesanch

Reaction score
The guy is selling a 5lb CO2 tank and regulator for $25 that he said was used for hydroponic growing. I don't know much else about it other than that. I'm going to stop by and see it a in a few hours. Your prompt response is welcomed. I'm a total newb to all things kegging, but I do want to get into it and thought accumulating cheaper parts of craigslist was the way to go.

What questions should I ask?
What positive and negative things should I be looking for?

Thanks!

thanks for the quick responses... i know it's a great deal, but is there any other info that I need to know about it?

lol. make sure it can hold pressure.

Even if it doesn't, you could probably just exchange it somewhere. Make sure it's not a branded tank though (like coke, pepsi, etc..). Stores won't exchange those.

I spoke with the seller yesterday on the phone and planned to meet up after 4pm, but he never called to confirm or would answer his phone. Guess he doesn't really want to sell it? sigh, I'll attempt to contact him again today.

That's what I was thinking... but that's when he said he was available...

Supposedly the guy left his cell phone at his girlfriends house. Anyway, met up and I came away with this for just $25.

Back