What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Epic tasting list from last night.

Cantillon Saint Lamvinus
Cantillon Lou Pepe 2008
Cantillon Vigneronne
3 Fontienen Golden Blend
3 Fontienen Oude Geuze 2008
3 Fontienen Armand Winter
3 Fontienen Armand Lente
3 Fontienen Armand Zomer
3 Fontienen Armand Herfst
3 Fontienen Schaerbeekse Kriek
de Struisse Pannepot Grand Reserva 2005
Crooked Stave Servette reserva
Free Tales Ananke

Solid tasting. I've done the Armand seasons seperately but never all at once. How many people were there?

so, side by side, how were the seasons. Lente always wins over all but what were your favorites?

What year of 3F kriek was it?

The surette reserva..was it too vinegar heavy or more balanced? Everyone tells me the one I had was just a bad bottle. I hated it.

Finally, the Pannepot Grand Reserva '05 is one of my all time favorite beers. I have one more 750ML of it in the cellar. No idea when it'll be opened.

Solid tasting. I've done the Armand seasons seperately but never all at once. How many people were there?

so, side by side, how were the seasons. Lente always wins over all but what were your favorites?

What year of 3F kriek was it?

The surette reserva..was it too vinegar heavy or more balanced? Everyone tells me the one I had was just a bad bottle. I hated it.

Finally, the Pannepot Grand Reserva '05 is one of my all time favorite beers. I have one more 750ML of it in the cellar. No idea when it'll be opened.

There were about 50 people there. There were multiple bottles of each and after it was far game for any left overs not poured. :ban:

It was awesome tasting the armand seasons together to see how the blends can really affect a beer like this. My favorite was the winter and summer. The lente and herfst was excellent but I favor the other two better but all were amazing beers ( I finished off what was left of the lente :D :mug:) Love guezes. I need to find more of them. They are hard to come by in Texas:mad:

The kriek was a 2011. I got a 2010 at home and probably going to wait a few more years (if i can) to open and enjoy it. The 2011 was really good. Nice cherries with a sudden tart/sour on the swallow. Definitely a different type of kriek i havent tried before and i really like it. I cant wait to see what age can effect the beer.

I got a bottle of the crooked stave surette reserva at home too and waiting to try it at a later date. I did not get a vinegar taste to it. It was not a sour/tart as the other brews of the night. i beleive they added a fruit to it which balanced the sourness a little. It was really good but I had better crooked stave when i was in Colorado (i.e Batch 1, Bourbon barrel sentience).

The '05 was amazing. It was heavy on raisens and dates and smooth as all hell. It was a great last beer after all those lambics and guezes. If you open it now you wont be disappointed. Now I need to find some. I got an 2009 reserva I cant wait to try.:ban:

I love free tails anake not to sour to where it is like drinking pickle juice and wonderful citrus character. Great warm weather beer.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo for a bit of hops with dinner.

image-2093196325.jpg

Captain Lawrence Brown Bird Ale. Anytime I have this beer it always tastes like I'm drinking something darker, almost like a stout.

It's going to be Rogue Morimoto Imperial Pilsner again. Nice beer, fantastic ceramic bottle. Tomorrow, it might be the He'Brew Jewbilation Sweet 16. It'll be a real mitzvah to get through.

SN Celebration Ale. I'm on the fence about it. All I get from the hops is bitterness. Doesn't meet expectations, but quaffable.

There were about 50 people there. There were multiple bottles of each and after it was far game for any left overs not poured. :ban:

It was awesome tasting the armand seasons together to see how the blends can really affect a beer like this. My favorite was the winter and summer. The lente and herfst was excellent but I favor the other two better but all were amazing beers ( I finished off what was left of the lente :D :mug:) Love guezes. I need to find more of them. They are hard to come by in Texas:mad:

The kriek was a 2011. I got a 2010 at home and probably going to wait a few more years (if i can) to open and enjoy it. The 2011 was really good. Nice cherries with a sudden tart/sour on the swallow. Definitely a different type of kriek i havent tried before and i really like it. I cant wait to see what age can effect the beer.

I got a bottle of the crooked stave surette reserva at home too and waiting to try it at a later date. I did not get a vinegar taste to it. It was not a sour/tart as the other brews of the night. i beleive they added a fruit to it which balanced the sourness a little. It was really good but I had better crooked stave when i was in Colorado (i.e Batch 1, Bourbon barrel sentience).

The '05 was amazing. It was heavy on raisens and dates and smooth as all hell. It was a great last beer after all those lambics and guezes. If you open it now you wont be disappointed. Now I need to find some. I got an 2009 reserva I cant wait to try.:ban:

Awesome. Interesting on Armand winter. That's least favored among most geeks.

The 3f kriek is not great fresh. 5 years old, it's amazing. If you can wait, do it!

The '05 reserva. So amazing. Yes, raisins and spices. Sounds like an awesome tasting.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
ProAm IIPA from Southern Star, most excellent. :mug:

You know, I live no more than 15 minutes from the brewery and have never been there. I haven't even bought or tasted one of their offerings. It's probably about time I do.

You know, I live no more than 15 minutes from the brewery and have never been there. I haven't even bought or tasted one of their offerings. It's probably about time I do.

You should, judging by this, they make good beer. I got a 4 pack of them in trade, recommended by the sender. Really good, really hoppy!

Another one I acquired in that trade was a 6er of an old friend. Drank a ton of this while living in TX, even after moving back up here I could still score it in WI on occasion, but no more.

HPIM1411.jpg
It's still an impressive brew, amazing how many flavors come out of hops.

You should. I go there all the time and always have a blast. Its free but if you buy a pint they fill that instead of a small dixie cup and you can bring your pint back for free beer :ban:

DisturbdChemist said:
You should. I go there all the time and always have a blast. Its free but if you buy a pint they fill that instead of a small dixie cup and you can bring your pint back for free beer :ban:

That's cool. I definitely need to go.

I tried the new Lagunitas Daytime last night and I think that may become my new go-to session beer. Great flavor for such a low abv. I'll be drinking more than a few this weekend.

Fuller's Black Cab stout.

Really solid stout, tons of flavour and probably one of the best stouts I've had for a while... and only 4.5%

Alaskan Birch Bock,
I could swim in this.
And it is a raining day, and I am working from home instead of in mud.

The terminal brew house (Chattanooga, Tn) wit. I asked for the stout but I guess the bartender misheard me, oh well. Haven't had I beer I don't like here so that's good haha

Lotus-eater by candia road brewing Co. they make these .' Nepenthe ales' all so far have been really good. Located in Manchester NH. You NH boys check em out!

Back