Tap Lines question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HanzerBiscuit

Reaction score
I picked up this used Tap Tower for $200 for my keezer bar build. And I am wondering what the best way to connect it up is.

It is a perlick tower and has stainless and copper running to the taps. Its all encased in foam on the top so for now the shanks are staying. Am I correct in guessing that I will need stainless compression fittings for the beer lines? Or would just hooking it to beerline and using a hose clamp be enough?

I will probably start with copper extensions into the keezer to passively cool the lines but could always go to a cheap water pump if needed.

Am I missing anything?

DSC_0312.JPG

DSC_0313.JPG

I have plastic running all the way to the back of the tower. Metal looks like a nice concept but I am not sure as far as corrosion either. Another Article that helped me set it up was here
http://beersmith.com/blog/2011/07/14/keg-line-length-balancing-the-science-of-draft-beer/
Allow you to set your psi to 8 or 10 or whatever and not have foam at the other end. I used nipple adapters and hose clamps to connect any new tubing to existing tubing. Grats on a heck of a deal for the tap. Good luck getting it setup.

I would go plastic up to the shanks but this is what the top of the tower looks like. Since it was a glycol cooled tower I am assuming there is some sorta cooling voodoo going on inside that foam.

Thanks for the line length link that will come in handy. I'm going to try and get a roughed out collar on over thanksgiving and then work on converting the rest as i have time.

2012-11-15_08-45-52_811.jpg

I would just leave the stainless lines since they are already hooked up. Just heat up your beer line in boiling water or use a heat gun and you should be able to slip the beer line over the existing stainless line. It looks like the stainless was kinda hacked off. Use a pipe cutter and cut maybe 1/4" off so you have a nice clean edge on the stainless before attaching the plastic line.

@HanzerBiscuit - I know this is an older thread, but I'm finding myself in pretty much the exact same predicament. (Though my stainless lines running from my taps are 1/4", and the copper looks to be 5/16") Could you please let me know what ended up working for you? Any pictures would be much appreciated. I've also attached a couple of the tower I have to work with. Cheers!
Beer Tower 1.png
Beer Tower 2.png

I have done the heating of the hoses and used hose clamp method too and it works fine as well but those guest fittings are certainly cleaner and will be easier to remove.

Back