• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Food Grade Containers and Corny Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be sweet to get a bunch of those 275 gallon totes and set up a super brew system :)

fwiw I use those 15 gallon barrels to ferment in and they are great

$20 for a reconditioned corny keg, or $16.50 bulk. That's a deal if I ever saw one.

\rant warning\ What is the deal with every LHBS around here charging $50 each? It's frustrating because they buy in bulk, then gouge you with a 300% markup. 300%. That's not even fair. That's like selling a can of BMC for $2.75, or a 12-pack for $32. Bull****. -_- \rant warning\

There is a guy in central Illinois selling the 275 gallon containers for $65/each. I bought two from him for a rainwater collection & apple tree watering system. If anyone is interested I could try to hunt down his contact info.

what is food grade metal. could you that 55 gal drum as a brew kettle

Hey, I live in Jasper IN too. Small World. I could go for a couple buckets and cornys. Maybe we can get a few guys together and make a roadtrip out of it.

If you all head down, just make just you call before you do so you can be sure they have them and so they can get them ready. I called a couple weeks ago and they were out of them, but they were getting more in that night, but they wouldn't be ready until 2 days later, because they had to triple rinse them all and everything.

Went and got six of the cornies today. The lady there said that their source for cornies is dry, so when they run out, that's it. I will probably only use 3 of the kegs so if anyone wants to buy them off of me they can. I flucuate between Muncie, IN and Columbus, OH. Either way, it was a good place with plenty of stuff that can be used for brewing

i went a few days ago and they were closed. i'm driving back to washington in a couple of months so hopefully i can get some of these containers

Back