1 gallon test batch brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltbarleyhops

Reaction score
i have a bunn tankard style coffee brewer that maintains 160 f.

thinking of doing a 1 gallon test brewery with this and a bit of "ingenuity" .

what say you?

mashing in the coffee pot after figuring out how to dial back the temps and boiling on another pot on an induction burner possibly.

still laying some ground work for this.

ive become very enthused with using electric for brewing. the summer is horrid at times here in the midwest and i have 400 or so sq ft of the lower level of my home dedicated to this so im trying to keep everything inside where i can keep temps and sanitation in check.

Sounds like a fun project. SWMBO not let you in the kitchen? Could do a BIAB type thing, mash in a pot in the oven, then boil on stovetop. Certainly not as fun as building stuff though \m/

Sounds like a fun project. SWMBO not let you in the kitchen? Could do a BIAB type thing, mash in a pot in the oven, then boil on stovetop. Certainly not as fun as building stuff though \m/

LOL! Actually i moved out of the kitchen a few years ago. i have a 400sq ft dedicated brewery in the lower level of my home. (at the request of SWMBO)

and yes, its more of an excuse to build a smaller version as i begin the switch to all electric.

currently have my element assemblies finished, a 220v controller project waiting for UPS to catch up and next weekend will begin topping and drilling 2 half barrels for a new HLTand BK.

Latest posts

Back