My Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seansbrew

Reaction score
This is my first time posting a brew day. Today I brewed some oatmeal stout. This beer is going to be pretty big. The OG. was 1.074
Anyway, my system is not pretty, but it sure does turn out some fine beer. Oh yeah, if your wonderin why the blocks? One of my pumps died and I've yet to get a new one. Cheers.
100_2062.jpg
[/IMG]
Ahh the ye ole sparge operation.

100_2060.jpg
[/IMG]
Nice action shot.

100_2061.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's a shot of my wonderful false bottom with my run-off going in.

100_2065.jpg
[/IMG]
Here's my cooling operation. I needed a pre-chill, the water in AZ is about 85 deg F. right now.

Nice setup, one of these days Im a gonna have me something like that. I need to brew me another oatmeal stout, my mouth watered a little bit when I seen the pic of yours, lol.

Damn some people have all the luck, lol, I just got a couple sanke pencil kegs for free, quarter barrel I think, don't know what Im gonna use them for yet, too small to convert to a brew pot.

Free, wow, that's great. You've got (or had) pumps, what are the cinder blocks for?

Usually I use a second pump to transfer the wort from the kettle to the fermenter. My pump quit so I've been using gravity.

I would also normally use my second pump to transfer sparge water to the mash tun.

gotta love free, i got my buddys old kegerator for free with 4 cornies, it was one hell of a clean up job but damn worth it.

Latest posts

Back