Beer tower for kegerator - John guest conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Soon I hope to build a kegerator with a beer tower on top. I am thinking of getting this from eBay.

I notice that it comes with 5' hose for each tap. The thing is, I would think that the hose is the very flexible clear hose that I see you US guys using all the time. I would want to use my John guest pipe and fittings with it though (it is the standard used here in Europe and seems to be a far better solution to barbs and screw fittings).

The thing is I have no idea what the back of the shank on these taps is like nor if there is some sort of common method to hook up JG fittings. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get a nice looking tower like this working with JG?

Thanks

Yes you get a JG 1/2 in fitting that will screw into the back of a lot of taps.

look at their website catalog under Female adaptor 1/2" x 3/8". I cant speak for the ebay tap though

Yes you get a JG 1/2 in fitting that will screw into the back of a lot of taps.

look at their website catalog under Female adaptor 1/2" x 3/8". I cant speak for the ebay tap though

I'm not sure which of these is appropriate. Do you mean a connector which threads on to the outside of the shank using the same threads as the nut which holds it to the tower?

If so, what sort of thread is usually used? I guess some sort of US specific thread?

Back