yeast question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure it'll be OK. It will probably be sweeter and more apple-y since cider yeast doesn't have a super high alcohol tolerance like wine yeast does.

Sure it'll be OK. It will probably be sweeter and more apple-y since cider yeast doesn't have a super high alcohol tolerance like wine yeast does.

I read somewhere that the alcohol tolerance of the White Labs cider yeast is around 12%, which is actually higher than the Montrachet, which is 8-10%. Well, depending on your aeration.

I read somewhere that the alcohol tolerance of the White Labs cider yeast is around 12%, which is actually higher than the Montrachet, which is 8-10%. Well, depending on your aeration.

I use Montrachet all the time for wines in the 12-14% range. I think your statistics on the alcohol tolerance are incorrect. I think that even a 16-18% wine would be taken dry with Montrachet. It's well known to be alcohol tolerant.

Anyway, the cider yeast should work just fine!

Back