5 Borough(NYC)Bulk Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup that is right. I think I should pick up Kroach01 grain too since we are splitting with jonTWR. Are you cool with that Kroach01? Keepitcold I will be at the warehouse at 10am.

Sure! I work until 430 or so in east Flatbush but can pick up after that if needed?

Hmmmm, Does not make a whole lotta sense to do 2 pickups. I thought I was going to come today at 10am but I guess I'll wait until you hear back from them on the missing bag, how they are shipping it and when it will come in. If they are drop shipping it UPS can we have it sent to my commercial address?
That'll will save you the hassle of tracking it, emailing me when it arrives and me emailing you when I can get over to the warehouse, you emailing your friend that i ma coming......

Anthony Accardi

They will most probably send it to the brewery with the next delivery i can grab it for you no matter what happens if you can grab your stuff from the warehouse so it can be out of the way that would be nice

keepitcold said:
They will most probably send it to the brewery with the next delivery i can grab it for you no matter what happens if you can grab your stuff from the warehouse so it can be out of the way that would be nice

I am here and have no idea where to go to pick up grain.

Hi. I successfully picked up all my grains plus johnnyhitch01, jonTWR, and Kroach. Completely filled the car then drove slowly back to my house with out busting my shocks! My address is 366A Monroe Street, Brooklyn NY 11221. I should be home both Saturday and Sunday. I am about to move all the sacks to my hallway it basement. Someone mentioned some tasty home brew for the help. That would be delicious! My number is 9175727805. Feel free to text me with questions

Norie

Norie_ said:
Hi. I successfully picked up all my grains plus johnnyhitch01, jonTWR, and Kroach. Completely filled the car then drove slowly back to my house with out busting my shocks! My address is 366A Monroe Street, Brooklyn NY 11221. I should be home both Saturday and Sunday. I am about to move all the sacks to my hallway it basement. Someone mentioned some tasty home brew for the help. That would be delicious! My number is 9175727805. Feel free to text me with questions

Norie

Hey Norie_, where did you end up finding the malt? Was it easy to find?

Hey Norie_, where did you end up finding the malt? Was it easy to find?

The place is called Paradise Plastics. A red building on your left hand side just past Costco on 39th Street. I parked in the gravel parking lot where the trucks are. The loading dock is small and on the right towards the back. When you get there go in thru the front door and up the stairs. On the left is the office. Ask for Zolton? Is that how you spell his name KeepitCold? They will page him and he will take you to the grains and help you bring it down to your car. You load and that that. I gave him a small tip.. I tip everyone. ha Good luck.

Norie_ said:
The place is called Paradise Plastics. A red building on your left hand side just past Costco on 39th Street. I parked in the gravel parking lot where the trucks are. The loading dock is small and on the right towards the back. When you get there go in thru the front door and up the stairs. On the left is the office. Ask for Zolton? Is that how you spell his name KeepitCold? They will page him and he will take you to the grains and help you bring it down to your car. You load and that that. I gave him a small tip.. I tip everyone. ha Good luck.

Perfect. Thanks!

Norie

Your a boss dude!!
Im pretty sure stationZ is going to grab my grains for me if your place is not to far away when he runs by keepitcolds place. I will let you know for sure by the weekend. If its me coming ill bring you some homebrew for sure.

Great buy guys everything seemed to go pretty smooth after a TINY hiccup. Keepitcold you got 5 stars from me!!!

flyingfinbar said:
So I just come by tomorrow around noon,grab my grain, and that's that? First time:D

Look at what I my directions in previous post in the thread. :)

flyingfinbar said:
So I just come by tomorrow around noon,grab my grain, and that's that? First time:D

Just pretend you're in Grand Theft Auto and it'll all make sense ;)

Seriously though, park in the gravel lot towards the end of 39th st. It's on the left. Go into the building, 2nd floor office. Find/ask for/ talk to Zolton. He's cool. He'll get you where you need to go.

Good luck!

I'm here and nobody else is... Just drove over an hour in the snow. What's the deal?

You could try wandering around back to the loading dock. That's where Zolton (sp?) asked us to meet him once we met him inside. His colleague brought out the malt on a fork lift.

Just got home from picking up my grains from Norie_'s place. Thanks again keepitcold for organizing this, and thanks Norie_ for splitting the bags and storing them at your place!

:ban:

I'll probably get my brew on tomorrow!

Just got my grains from StationZ! .....he got a can of heady and cultured conan yeast!
Norie if you want i would like to send you a fresh vial off this next batch im going to brewing tmrow ill get in touch for your info.
Same goes to keepitcold. Not sure how crazy everyone is about this yeast but it makes fantastic peachy/tropical IPAs

Thx again for making this so smooth!!
Brewing a heady topper clone tmrow!
Cheers everyone!!

Johnnyhitch1 said:
Just got my grains from StationZ! .....he got a can of heady and cultured conan yeast!
Norie if you want i would like to send you a fresh vial off this next batch im going to brewing tmrow ill get in touch for your info.
Same goes to keepitcold. Not sure how crazy everyone is about this yeast but it makes fantastic peachy/tropical IPAs

Thx again for making this so smooth!!
Brewing a heady topper clone tmrow!
Cheers everyone!!

Would love some yeast!!

Be aware NCM has changed the rules/pricing for home brewing buyers

This is a joke...
I wont even try to post in that thread...
Pushing business away for doing whats best for them to make money? Do you know how many breweries need malt these days and to complain you dont get the same service/price of someone ordering 200,000 pounds of a single malt per year?

Try again...

This is a joke...
I wont even try to post in that thread...
Pushing business away for doing whats best for them to make money? Do you know how many breweries need malt these days and to complain you dont get the same service/price of someone ordering 200,000 pounds of a single malt per year?

Try again...

I love it when people get tough on the interwebs.

Please don't post in that thread, I sure don't care what you do. You have every right to pay the highest price on grain available. I'm done here, and moving on.

I love it when people get tough on the interwebs.

Please don't post in that thread, I sure don't care what you do. You have every right to pay the highest price on grain available. I'm done here, and moving on.

Tough...Like creating threads trashing one of the biggest maltsters in the northeast for practicing fair buisness ethics??

This buy was done thru a brewery, thus getting the brewerys rate....
We dont apply to your mumbo jumbo...Get your facts straight!

Hey i rhymed!
Enjoy your day fine sir! :mug:

Good to have you!

Unfortunately the group buy is closed now. But, what usually happens is when the next one comes along, someone chimes into this thread to let us all know a new one is starting. Then he/she will start a new thread to get the order process rolling. We get a catalog PDF, pick out what we want, the facilitator makes a google spreadsheet, and we pay via PayPal. Pretty smooth actually.

User keepitcold does a great job.

Keep your eyes open for other group buys that may open up in the meantime though.

That is all true and the last group buy went smoothly but North Country Malt has changed their policy in regards to how they handle pallet buys from groups. All these group buys will now have to be done through either a retailer or a brewery which will obviously be more difficult. The LHBS may not want to bother with organizing it for no money and a small brewery may not want to deal with the hassle of handling 1-2 tons of malt that is not theirs..... we'll see how it all shakes out..

best
Anthony

keepitcold said:
not sure i havent gotten the invoice yet and ill be leaving to japan on thursday ill keep you updated while im away

Hey Keepitcold, have you received the invoice yet?

Just an update here...if keepitcold is interested in running another group buy anytime soon, a friend of mine has just started brewing AG, and he and I would both be in for at least a few sacks each (and could probably be convinced to increase the number to fill pallets VERY easily...I don't doubt we'd each be willing to do 5-10 sacks), for sure. :)

Jon_TWR said:
Just an update here...if keepitcold is interested in running another group buy anytime soon, a friend of mine has just started brewing AG, and he and I would both be in for at least a few sacks each (and could probably be convinced to increase the number to fill pallets VERY easily...I don't doubt we'd each be willing to do 5-10 sacks), for sure. :)

I'd be in to split some sacks if its not too much trouble.

Back