Accidentally mixing beer from my taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomerHarley

Reaction score
So i just finished building up my keezer. It holds eight kegs, but I have only put in four taps. It's awesome. Right now I have a sour cherry ale, a brown ale, an Irish red, and an IPA that's not quite ready.

So I poured myself a nice tall glass of brown ale tonight. Being the first pour in a few days, there was a fair amount of head, so after it settled I added some more to top it off. I then realized that what I had added was some of my precious, down to the last glass or two sour ale. I was mortified.

Then I tasted it. "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm" I thought.
It would probably actually taste better with a bit more sour, but I love that beer on its own and don't want to waste it. That said it gave me an idea about blending and how having multiple taps could really help me both understand the process and create some really nice beers.

My favorite hb blend was a BA RIS with framboise...that's my snake bite.
Igotsand

Well I should have added some more sour. Because about a half an hour later, my girlfriend accidentaltt walked by the tap for it and opened it, draining the last of it into a bucket. Arrghghgghgghghghghgh. It was only about a beer, but still.

I always wanted to make a Scotchtoberfest, courtesy of the Simpsons. I never could get the blend right, even though I could taste I was close. that was before I was kegging. I may have take up the long and arduous task once again!

I always wanted to make a Scotchtoberfest, courtesy of the Simpsons. I never could get the blend right, even though I could taste I was close. that was before I was kegging. I may have take up the long and arduous task once again!

tried a Skittlebrau yet or a Flaming Moe?

tried a Skittlebrau yet or a Flaming Moe?

With some of these new hops coming out I bet you could start getting something fruity enough with a bit of citrus to get a good Skittlebrau effect without having to resort to dosing a beer with skittles... seems like a waste of good skittles.. and beer... yeah and beer too.

Back