Kegging.....fittings.......different sizes.......ARGH!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twilbrew247

Reaction score
Just wanted to vent a little. Getting in the final stages of building my kegerator and very fed up with all the different fitting sizes. Okay maybe some of that was my fault because I had picked up odds and ends from friends, but still.....1/4" co2 tubing....5/16" fitting on co2 bottle....piping through kegerator 9/16" OD.....drill bit 1/2" (too small, had to ream out).....7/16" fittings for gas tubing to distributor ...(but remember I had 1/4" tubing.

So enough of the rant. Here's some pics to show the end (almost) product while I force carb my Dead Ringer IPA (Northern Brewer shoutout) and await the arrival of my drip tray and BLC.

ForumRunner_20120709_174927.jpg

ForumRunner_20120709_174942.jpg

ForumRunner_20120709_175009.jpg

Cheers!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120709_174909.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120709_174909.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 274
Hi

If you don't *have* to use 3/16 for beer and 5/16 for CO2, that's just the way most do it do keep things from getting mixed up. A 3/16 tube will move far more CO2 than you will ever use in a home setup.

Bob

when that day comes where you get to pull that pint of beer from the tap you will know that its all worth it. until then suck it up and finish that thing.. :ban:

Polboy said:
just bottle your beer, its cheaper, easier and better :)

and less controllable, more likely to get contaminated, easier to spill when packaging, more time consuming

As a new kegger (one batch done) I can honestly say it is SO worth it.

Weird to see 7/16ths, but everything else looks right. Soak the end of any smaller hosing in near boiling water, and you can stretch it over a larger barb...keeps the fittings nice and tight!

And it's totally worth the efforts

Just thought I'd give an update. Here's my Dead Ringer IPA. Came out great, with the exception of possibly over-carbonating slightly. Nothing that can't be fixed. :tank:

Dead Ringer IPA (1).jpg

Dead Ringer IPA (2).jpg

Back