Happy New Year!!! Any Brewing on the 1st?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, not I, but I already have 3 fermenting so not to worry.

I'm definitely going to be DRINKING beer though!!!

I made a starter today for my 847 Suburban Wheat I will be brewing tomorrow. I might transfer my IPA to secondary as well. Hopefully I'm not too hung over.:cross:

I WISH! I don't even have home brew to drink yet. Right now my first batch is carbing in the bottles. I'll be hitting the local brew/pub tonight for a couple and maybe bring home a batch of something decent from their bottled selection.

I had planned to brew, probably tonight, but got banned from the kitchen stove. Might have to look up heat stck instructions and brew in the basement.

Sorry, nothing to put it in... I have yet to clean the carboy from the wine making days. The Pail is in it's 3rd day of fermentation and perfectly stable at 65 deg. All the rest of the equipment is on the way...

UPS just drove by... dang I only wish I had made it Next Day Delivery.

I won't be brewing but I may bottle. The 2nd is my 3 week mark, but might bottle inbetween games tomorrow. Can't wait for my APA

Gonna do the Paulaner Hefe clone out of the BYO mag tomorrow (partial mash). Sounds like a productive endeavor to me....and next weekend I'm going to do the Yukon Red out of the same mag.... Gotta get the primaries full with something.

Probably going to bottle my Cream Ale tomorrow. I wish I made it 3 weeks earlier so I could have one tonight.

Probably not on the first as I'm brewing a hang-over right now. The second and third for sure unless I brew both batches on the same day.

It's going to be an oatmeal stout for me. Got to run to the store first thing tho. Forgot the flaked oats...can't have oatmeal stout without that. I'm pretty:drunk: right now from my pale and cream ale. I love this hobby. :mug: everyone and have a safe and happy new years.

I am thinking of doing a mountain brew next weekend. Anybody tried it? I love my mountain dew kick in the morning...

:tank:

Wasn't planning to, but somehow I ended up brewing a Little Creatures pale ale. :) I only wish I had something to bottle today as well!

I'm bottling a Smoked Porter today. I was planning to brew on Saturday but I guess UPS counts New Years Eve as a holiday too. My stuff won't be here until Monday.....aaaahhhh!

You guys rock!

I'm still buzzed from last night's 4am debacle. On to kick off the new year with a scotish 80. Should I be brewcastin?

I pitched US-05 into my Honey Do Blonde at 11:30 last night - managed to squeeze one last batch into 2008.

It's lager season! Brewed a Bohemian Pils yesterday, will be throwing a Maibock on the cake in 2-3 weeks.

Almost finished with the mash for my first AG pale ale. Not sure how the recipe will turn out because I suspect the LHBS mis-measured my grain bill. Oh well, it smells good-- I bet it will turn out yummy. :cool:

I actually never said what I was doing...:drunk: I racked Mylo's XMas Ale to secondary Tuesday, had Spooky's Choc-o-let Stout last night. SWMBO got me a 365 beer desk calander...pretty cool, on Sunday they give you a recipe from Saturday's beer...So today I will have a Young's Double Chocolate Stout, it was supposed to be Young's Winter Warmer but couldn't find it. Tomorrow is Lost Coast Downtown Brown then Schneider Weisse Saturday. Mmmm...Yummy!

I'm also in the process fo getting my AG setup together...can't wait!!:ban:

Then we go to the Fiesta Bowl Monday!!! Go Buckeyes!!!

On Sunday the 4th Photohand and myself are going to brew a 12 gallon batch of Caspio's Amber ale, and a 10 gallon batch of a sweet stout. Twoheadsbrewing may make the drive up, I just had drinks w/ a woman last night that brews extract, and she may come over to watch, and have a pint as well. Anyone else in the area is ALWAYS welcome. Cheers
JJ

I transfered my pale ale into my first keg and I'm just about to start the boil on my Rose Bowl Breakfast Stout! Can't wait to get my kegerator! Happy New Year HBT!!!

Did three gallon batch of meade... was gonna do triditional but couldnt get to my regular supplier for ingredants... So i fudged a genreic

Cheers

Nothing like brewing up 10 gallons and watching back to back bowl games.

p1020939cw2.jpg

p1020940oz7.jpg

p1020941hv1.jpg

Just closed up my fermenter. Frank came over and we brewed his sh*tty beer. ;-)

It's a recipe we've been working on to clone Goose Island Honker's Ale.

------------------------------------------------
Frank's ****ty Beer
8-C Extra Special/Strong Bitter (English Pale Ale)
Author: Chase
Date: 1/1/09

Original Gravity: 1.051 (1.048 - 1.060)
Terminal Gravity: 1.014 (1.010 - 1.016)
Color: 16.51 (6.0 - 18.0)
Alcohol: 4.77% (4.6% - 6.2%)
Bitterness: 34.9 (30.0 - 50.0)

Ingredients:
2.0 lb Maris Otter
1.0 lb Victory® Malt
4 oz 2-Row Caramel Malt 60L
6 oz Special Roast Malt