So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kegged my blonde ale and brewed a pale ale with some of the repitch. Brewing my American stout tomorrow with more of the same yeast.

Gonna brew black ipa/cda/whatever you call it this weekend.

Back In Black

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (Gal): 11.00 Wort Size (Gal): 11.00
Total Grain (Lbs): 29.50
Anticipated OG: 1.069 Plato: 16.85
Anticipated SRM: 25.2
Anticipated IBU: 77.4
Brewhouse Efficiency: 72 %
Wort Boil Time: 75 Minutes

Pre-Boil Amounts
----------------

Evaporation Rate: 15.00 Percent Per Hour
Pre-Boil Wort Size: 13.54 Gal
Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.056 SG 13.84 Plato

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.4 1.00 lbs. Wheat Malt America 1.038 2
88.1 26.00 lbs. Pale Malt(2-row) America 1.036 2
3.4 1.00 lbs. Crystal 10L America 1.035 10
1.7 0.50 lbs. Crystal 40L America 1.034 40
3.4 1.00 lbs. Carafa Special Germany 1.030 600

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.50 oz. Magnum Pellet 15.00 15.3 60 min.
1.00 oz. Magnum Pellet 15.00 29.4 First WH
0.50 oz. Centennial Pellet 8.70 3.0 20 min.
0.50 oz. Amarillo Gold Pellet 7.50 2.6 20 min.
0.50 oz. Cascade Pellet 4.90 1.7 20 min.
0.50 oz. Simcoe Pellet 11.90 4.1 20 min.
0.50 oz. Centennial Pellet 8.70 2.4 15 min.
0.50 oz. Amarillo Gold Pellet 7.50 2.0 15 min.
0.50 oz. Cascade Pellet 4.90 1.3 15 min.
0.50 oz. Simcoe Pellet 11.90 3.2 15 min.
0.50 oz. Centennial Pellet 8.70 1.8 10 min.
0.50 oz. Amarillo Gold Pellet 7.50 1.5 10 min.
0.50 oz. Cascade Pellet 4.90 1.0 10 min.
0.50 oz. Simcoe Pellet 11.90 2.4 10 min.
0.50 oz. Cascade Pellet 4.90 0.8 5 min.
0.50 oz. Amarillo Gold Pellet 7.50 1.3 5 min.
0.50 oz. Centennial Pellet 8.70 1.5 5 min.
0.50 oz. Simcoe Pellet 11.90 2.0 5 min.
0.50 oz. Centennial Pellet 8.70 0.0 0 min.
0.50 oz. Amarillo Gold Pellet 7.50 0.0 0 min.
0.50 oz. Cascade Pellet 4.90 0.0 0 min.
0.50 oz. Simcoe Pellet 11.90 0.0 0 min.

brewed this last year, but going to sub in chinook for the cascade. i figure i have enough citrus with the cent's and amarillo. need some resiny to play with the roast.

I've got a couple of things on deck for this weekend. As far as beer goes, I'm either doing EdWort's Haus Pale Ale or some sort of cream ale and I'm going to be making up a batch of sweetish strawberry wine. And maybe (likely, in fact) bottling up ten gallons or so of apfelwein that's been aging since...February? I forget. But still! Huzzah for apfelwein!

I'll be brewing the Premium Style Bitter ( forgot the actual name ) from Brewing Classic Styles this afternoon after a post work nap. I just sampled the Mild that I brewed from BCS and it was excellent.

I just kegged a Blueberry Summer Ale, and in an hour or three I will be brewing some Ginger Ale using 6oz of fresh ginger and Sorachi Ace hops.

Brown Porter...mmmmmmm Man I love that smell.
I also love the clarity that the RIMS gives you.
Porter.jpg

I'm having a few friends over for a brew session later today. Hoping to get the strike water going sometime around 3pm. They'll be getting here sometime around 4pm, so they should be there for sexy time.

Brewing an IPA today.

Brewing an imperial stout tomorrow. Shooting for 6 gallons at 1.11 OG. I am going to split it and pitch half with US-05 and half with WLP 500 (belgian). For some reason I have the urge to try the belgian yeast with this beer. Looking for raison and plum notes. I won't let the temp get as high as I would for a regular belgian beer.

Also going to partigyle and make a milk stout with the rest of the runnings. Should get 6 gallons at 1.045 for this one.

Picked up 200 or so bottles for $0 from a brewer in town that has switched to kegs. Got those all washed down and sanitized and will be bottling up some hefewiezen tomorrow.

It's been hot here, too hot to spend much time in the garage so I skipped mashing and and I did my first extract brew in about 18 months. Forgot that I didn't have an hour of mashing and got behind. I didn't have fermenters sanitized and waiting, was late getting the IC in the kettle to sanitize, late rehydrating my yeast, basically out of sync. But I must say the wort going into the fermenters was tasty and am looking forward to the sample at end of fermentation. Made an 11 gal extract version of BM's Centennial Blonde

so i got my ingredients for my sweet stout base for my chocolate cherry stout but since i have finals next week im saving it to brew next friday, as a little incentive to study. good idea or bad?

Brewing up a Patersbier SMASH:

11lb Belgian pilsner

1.5oz 4.6%AA whole crystal hops at 60
.5oz 4.6%AA whole crystal hops at 10

Mashed at 147f

OG should be from 1.047-1.050

Wyeast 3787 starter is on the stirplate.

Woo!

I love that this thread gets dug back up every weekend!

I finally got a chance to brew.(First time since March)

Rye IPA:

3.5 gallons
OG:1.068
IBU: 70

8.5 lb 2 row
.5 lb rye
.25lb crystal 60
.5 honey malt

.5 oz Warrior @ 60
.5 Simcoe @ 30
.5 amarillo @ 30

Dry hop with 1oz simcoe and 1oz amarillo

American Ale II (I love this stuff. 2nd time using it. This stuff flocs like a ton of bricks. )

mashed @ 150 for 60 min.

In the fermentation chamber now, set at 65F!

This is basically an IPA on the slightlier maltier side with a touch of rye to mix things up. Pretty much stole the hop schedule vertabim from Yoop's DFH 60 min clone. Why? it looked delicious!!!

Doing a somewhat sour saison with a bit of grains of paradise

25 min left in the boil

I'm also 'constructing' 4.5 gallons of cider later tonight. About a gallon and a half is in the fridge since it's been 90 around here lately... I figure I'll combine the cold and warm ciders, pitch, then throw it in a swamp cooler... S-04 should be happy with that.

Brewing the RUssian Imperial Stout from Extreme Brewing tomorrow after work. Dropping it onto the yeast cake from an APA I'm racking to the secondary tomorrow as well. Anyone brewed this before? Any words of advice?

I will be brewing Saturday. I get to break in my new chest freezer for fermenting as well.

Gah, so many beers to brew so little time. I want to start perfecting my Kolsch, I need to get a Oktoberfest started (late I know), swmbo wants a Nut Brown for her Bday and I too would like to make a CDA at some point soon. Definitely need to make something this weekend.

I'm traveling with my brew equipment for the first time ever to brew at my inlaws this weekend. I didn't realize we were heading up there and I ordered my grains crushed. Want to use them fresh...

Going to be a "freezer special" IIPA using some of the bulk hops I've got clogging up my freezer drawer...

Well, looks like I will not have my grain order before this weekend for the Scottish 80/- recipe. So, I think I might run to the LHBS and pick up some pilsner extract and try a modified version of this tafelbier recipe I found online.

I didn't have much luck with my starter for my Cherry Stout last weekend, so I am making another attempt this weekend.

Back