BBQ / Smoking / Grilling Books?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daholl01

Reaction score
After looking through this forum a little bit I found quite a few BBQ / Smoking / Grilling threads and I can tell that some of you have a lot of knowledge about the subject.

This has recently become a hobby of mine but I am still a complete newbie. I suppose I have just gotten into grilling in general, I've just been working with a Weber charcoal grill. I was wondering if there are any books or resources, something like the BBQ equivalent of How To Brew, where I can gain some knowledge on the subject as well as learn the basic methods?

A few books that had good reviews on Amazon:

-Backyard BBQ: The Art of Smokology
-How to Grill: The Complete Illustrated Book of Barbecue Techniques

Any thoughts?

I really enjoy this book.

516E9H44K4L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

This book has great recipies, especially if you have a Big Green Egg.

61V8M1ABR8L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

I'm even mentioned in it as well as the Texas Eggfest.

Try to find the Bar-B- Que Bible, Suaces, Rubs and marinades,,By Steven Raichlen.

If you start by just making the recipes in the book, your joy of that hobby will grow rapidly. Then you can experiment:ban: :D

+1 on Dr BBQ's books and the smoke and spice. I have the other one mentioned but though I rememberd it geared more for grilling than smoking so that might be good. Doing a search on Amazon and reading the reviews might also help you decide.

Anything by Steve Raichlen is good. I have a couple.
31%2BgvF7OlfL._PIsitb-dp-arrow,TopRight,21,-23_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg

How to grill has got to be the best book for a beginner. It covers some pretty advanced techniques with great pics. All of the recipes are top notch as well...I've done almost every one of them. I can HIGHLY recommend the "matambre", and the pulled pork, brisket, and stuffed portabellos. ;)

how to grill and BBQ bible got me started....probably the most used cookbooks on my shelf..they are both heavilly stained and falling apart (a good sign!)

EdWort said:
I really enjoy this book.

516E9H44K4L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg
wav.gif

Also:

61umrCONxYL._SS500_.jpg

In fact, having spent most of the morning re-reading those two, I'm already planning what tasty animal to throw on the Train next weekend!
drool.gif

Lucy Saunders wrote Grilling with Beer. She was at last years NHBC and gave a presentation about grilling with beer. A bunch of us picked up her book there and although I haven't tried anything from it others have said the book contains some excellent recipes.
gwbcoverweb.jpg

"Grilling with Beer" is a book?? I thought is was a law!
Maybe it was on that tablet of commandments that Moses dropped in "History of the World."

61415XTS9KL._AA240_.jpg

Latest posts

Back