Anyone have experience with these pumps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The speed controller is a rather interesting concept. Subscribed if anyone tries one out.

"Max operating temperature up to 100°C/212F with external circuit board"

Odd that it mentions the external circuit board, that leaves it unclear if that means the pump is good to 100ºC or if the board/controls are good to 100ºC.

6.5m of head is not insignificant and it is nice that the units come with their own power supply. Wonder how easy it would be to hack into and extend the wires to a control panel?

The fact that they are completely sealed is nice...no neeed for a splash shield. They do indeed look like the gtreatbreweh pumps but without the stainless npt threads...the control board is likely just 120 to 12 v converter with the potentiometer, and should be easy to hack. I'm interested if they hold up to their claims. Might male for a nice new HLT pump that mounts directly to the bottom drain valve.

It's not clear to me that variable speed control is particularly useful in a mag drive pump that should work fine when regulating the output flow with a valve. I certainly would not pay a premium for it.

Back