PIttsburgh/Western PA Group Buy #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Group buy #4 is CLOSED.

Same rules as set forth by Dand previously:

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING: Please send an email to [email protected] with the following information...
~First & Last Name
~HBT Username
~Contact Number
~Address
~payment method - check/money order or Paypal
- Confirm Paypal® address is the same as email using or give your Paypal® Address.
If I do not receive this information you will not gain access to the spreadsheet. If you have participated in the last buy you will already have access.
(All of the above information will be kept private. I will only contact you by phone if something may be out of stock and I need to get ahold of you quickly. I will also use your city's to post to a list so everyone can see where people are located. This can be used to carpool or have someone close to you pick up your grain. You will have to make arrangements with that person. Again I will not share info accept the city. Let me know if you do not want that to be shared.)

Here's the deal:

1. We need to fill at least one pallet which is about 42 sacks. If we go over we need to get as close to 84 sacks to make the shipping reasonable throughout the second pallet.
2. Buyers will have to come pick up their bags at the drop off location (Pittsburgh, PA 15203). I will include the exact address when I send invoices
3. Payments will be accepted through PayPal® or bank/cashiers check/money order (paypal preferred) only because it is the easiest way to collect money from this many people. PayPal fee is approx. 4% extra.

When I get your info I'll send the price list and grain liist

If there is anything in the catalog that is not in the full bag or split bag that you would like please add it in the column on the first sheet using ID number and Malt Name. Please keep it uniform. I will go back in and add the estimated pricing as often as I can. Plan on $5-7 per sack shipping cost. This is already estimated into your total on the spreadsheet.
DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BUT WHITE CELLS. THANK YOU.

]
We will use the same order sheet as the previous buy - I've rolled over open splits and sacks that didn't make it on the pallet.

After you have added your items to the sheet, feel free to post it to the thread to help stimulate the buy!

PAYMENTS:
Payments will be collected onece we have secured 42 or 84 sacks dependent on interest. If you have issues with paying via PayPal® contact me. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time invoices are sent with actual pricing, you risk forfeiting your right to buy your grain on this buy. If you can't make your payment within 1 week, please contact me. Do this out of courtesy for the group.

1. Buy will be CLOSED
2. I will submit order for finalized pricing
3. Invoices will be sent
4. After all payments are received order will be placed
5. Will give everyone an ETA.
6. Pick up your grains and we all say cheers!

~Pickup address will be provided on invoices
~You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick it up for you.

Bring your invoice to the pick up location to help ease the process

FOR SPLIT SACKS:
Work out the details with your partners. Bring something to put your share in, weigh it out on site, and take your portion. Or, one of you picks up the whole sack and deal with the splitting on your own time. That’s your decision to make with you splitting partners.

~For reference a 5 gallon bucket, depending on the type of grain should hold about a half a sack of grain.

DONATIONS:The people who work these grain buys do a lot of back end work to make these buys go as smoothly as possible. If you would like to show your appreciation please feel free to leave a donation for them. The amount you donate will apply towards that persons grain tab.

Anyone in Ohio interested in this buy? I was hoping that we could pool a few people together so that only one person has to make the trip to PA for the pickup. I'm in the Canton area for reference.

Anyone in Ohio interested in this buy? I was hoping that we could pool a few people together so that only one person has to make the trip to PA for the pickup. I'm in the Canton area for reference.

There are 1-2 others from the Akron/Canton area who've expressed interest. You might be able to carpool with them.

All - Thanks to hophead's support, the order form has now been shared to the people who contacted us! :ban:

Please reach out if you have any questions. I have minimal availability during the day, but should be able to get back to you each evening.

A quick note on the shipping calculation: There's a flat pallet fee calculated on your % of the total order. It will be high initially and will go down as the pallet is filled. We're only ordering in full pallets, so it won't be a problem when we finalize the order.

There are 1-2 others from the Akron/Canton area who've expressed interest. You might be able to carpool with them.

If any of you are interested feel free to speak up. I could possibly be persuaded to drive if a few wanted to pitch in any gas money.

I've got quarters on a bunch of different crystal malts - any takers? I'm also up for switching to different maltsters for the same items.

2 bags of 2 row
closed the split on the Victory
and added to the crystal 40 split.
Can't wait!

Added a couple more bags of base malt. Total is now up to 24 sacks and still have 15 open splits. Let's get this pallet filled....

jinx2004 said:
If any of you are interested feel free to speak up. I could possibly be persuaded to drive if a few wanted to pitch in any gas money.

I'm in the Cleveland area and would chip in for gas if you can get them to Canton. How many sacks do you have room for?

I think I finished off the pallet

Yep - we're officially closed for the first pallet. I saved off the file.

I figure we have two options. Either close the order and start the funding process, or keep the order open for the next few weeks and then roll open items to Group Buy #5, or close it now.

I'm leaning towards leaving it open, given folks (including myself) are about to disappear for 1-2 weeks. However i'm open to either approach. Since I have a record of the current pallet, those of you who were on before we hit 42 are set either way.

Yep - we're officially closed for the first pallet. I saved off the file.

I figure we have two options. Either close the order and start the funding process, or keep the order open for the next few weeks and then roll open items to Group Buy #5, or close it now.

I'm leaning towards leaving it open, given folks (including myself) are about to disappear for 1-2 weeks. However i'm open to either approach. Since I have a record of the current pallet, those of you who were on before we hit 42 are set either way.

I am fine either way. Thanks.

@brewguyver - let's do whatever is easier for you. If you are going to be tied up for the next couple weeks, let's wait until then to close it.

So how did the distribution for round 3 go? Were you guys able to sample and trade a few beers? Give us the highlights.

I'm up for leaving this open things are going to get pretty busy with the holidays. Plus this will give more time to maybe fill another pallet and complete the rest of the splits.

+1 @brewguyver - let's do whatever is easier for you.

@brewguyver - let's do whatever is easier for you. If you are going to be tied up for the next couple weeks, let's wait until then to close it.

So how did the distribution for round 3 go? Were you guys able to sample and trade a few beers? Give us the highlights.

There was a little bit of a shipping snafu (something about trying to get a full sized 18 wheeler into a perpendicular loading dock in South Side. I bribed the SWMBO to let us leave a day later for Christmas, so we rescheduled for this Saturday now that the grain is on-site. We should still be able to do some beer sampling (fingers crossed).

I'm up for leaving this open things are going to get pretty busy with the holidays. Plus this will give more time to maybe fill another pallet and complete the rest of the splits.

This is what I was thinking as well, and it makes coordination easier with the holiday behind us. Worst case I'll drop my 2 full sacks and close out two splits instead.

BTW - anyone have suggestions for what dust mask to use when portioning out PBW? I was thinking about using my respirator with lead/asbestos/small particulate rating, but I'm open to suggestions. Will also be using closed goggles and elbow length oil change gloves. Might be overkill, but better safe than sorry.

Looks like this is stalling a bit...I'm cool to take one of my sacks off if you guys wanna close it sooner.

Looks like this is stalling a bit...I'm cool to take one of my sacks off if you guys wanna close it sooner.

No need - I have the 1st pallet saved. If we don't have any significant movement towards pallet 2 by early next week (e.g. up to 70 sacks by Tuesday) I'm going to close out. We'll move the splits to group by 5.

If you're interested in the hop buy, make sure to add your contribution to the order. We would like to align them for pickup at the same time.

I was about to add to the order but I'm going to be out of town 2 weekends this month. If you closeout this week when would you guess pickup will be?

bnmir said:
I was about to add to the order but I'm going to be out of town 2 weekends this month. If you closeout this week when would you guess pickup will be?

If I close this week then we're probably looking at the 26th for pickup. That's assuming it takes a week to get payments together and a week for shipping.

At this point there are 32 slots left on the 2nd pallet - hose will get pushed to group buy 5 (mid feb) unless a bunch more people jump on.

Hi All,

I'll be closing buy #4 tomorrow using the order on the 1st pallet as of 12/17. Since some of you may have changed since then, I'll be sending out the final to confirm. I'll try and squeeze people in if there changes put us below a full pallet.

The remaining 10 sacks and 15 open splits will roll to Group Buy 5 which will open between Jan 26th and Feb 1st.

Thanks again for everyone's participation!

We are now Closed

:ban:

I'll get the draft invoices out to everyone by Friday (1/11). I'll send a note to get availability along with the invoices.

Please review once you get them.

Thanks!

We've distributed the hops invoices and I'm working on getting the grain verified for tomorrow (all are created). We'll send them out as soon as we verify final shipping and prices with the distributer.

Hi Folks - the invoices are out, Paypal requests are sent, and the folks paying by money order should have the mailing address. If we get payments in by Friday, we should be able to get the pallet in by the end of next week (now that the delivery truck sizing has been worked out :drunk:)

There may have been some accidental roll-overs from group buy 3 - I'm going to keep those splits and will post the contents as up for grabs if I hear back that there were errors.

Looking forward to another group buy event!

Payment sent. Still impressed by the level of dedication given to these group buys, especially the hop buy (even though I wasn't part of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back