The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking pte in Philly. :)

image-2270193143.jpg

Is that bar in Philly the one that advertises itself as "voted one of the ten best places in the world to drink beer" or something? So, is it a top ten, and if so why? Can't be the view.......

Not doubting - just extremely curious

It's probably important to have brake fluid in my car, isn't it? Car's at the dealership right now. Wondering if someone's trying to have me killed. Wife's the most likely culprit, but no way she'd know where the brake lines are.

It's probably important to have brake fluid in my car, isn't it? Car's at the dealership right now. Wondering if someone's trying to have me killed. Wife's the most likely culprit, but no way she'd know where the brake lines are.

you did buy the new house, now she wants it all to herself and her midget lover, or PTN

"People ask me all the time... 'Paul, how do you keep up such a brutal training regiment?' My answer?

Little chocolate donuts.

They have just the right amount of nutrients and sugar to get me going in the morning and push me through my day. So if you want to be a champion like me, don't forget to start your day with little chocolate donuts."

ptnchoc.JPG

As soon as we can get past the effin Buildig Inspector, get the plumbers and HVAC guys back in and get everything hooked up.

Rumor has it we should be past the inspector issues and it is a matter of getting our permits reactivated and the guys back in the space. As soon as that is done we're brewing.

Won't he (the building inspector) need to see that the plumbing and HVAC parts are completed to his satisfaction before he signs off on the building permits and gives you an occupancy permit?

No, you have it backwards. He issues the permits, the work is done by the plumbers, etc, once the work is done, he inspects the work and then issues the occupancy certificate.

So I've talked a bit about biking on this and other threads on this forum. It's something I've done off and on all my life. Whenever I get to the point where I run out of clothes that fit I either go buy new ones or climb on the bike and start peddling.

Well, I was heading out to the store to buy bigger clothes when I had to go out to the shed to get something and ended up pulling out the ride. I've been pretty faithful to it and have logged almost 500 miles so far this season. I'd lie and tell you all how lean, mean and buff I am but there would be 25 people chiming in within 30 minutes debunking that as a lie so I'm not even going to bother.

To make myself have to keep climbing back on I signed up for a charity ride, the Multiple Sclerosis Society's Cape Cod Getaway. Then, to further embarass myself into training, I talked a few friends into signing up with me, including our own Dakota from here at HBT. After an unfortunate double flat day last summer when I was rescued 20 miles from home by our pal Cape, I got tagged with the nick-name 'Pinch Flat.' So I went with it and called our team "The Pinch Flat Rollers." I'm the captain.

The ride is this weekend, June 23 and 24. It's 150 + miles from U Mass Boston to Provincetown. The Pinch Flat Rollers will be out in force.

This is where you probably expect me to start talking about what an unfortunate disease Multiple Sclerosis is, and how we need to do everything we can to find a cure.

Nah, you guys know me better than that. MS is a terrible disease, truely terrible disease. It's one of the ones you REALLY don't want to get. True, true and true. But that 's now what I'm going to talk about.

And I'm not going to talk about how woeful my teammates have been in their fundraising efforts. (The farkin' slugs. I know damned well that my nephew is going to hit up my brother for the bucks next Friday night. Nope, they signed up, they are on the hook for the dough.)

I'm going to talk about my bike saddle.

I've never felt so sorry for an inanimate object in my life. Three or four times a week for the past three months I've been draping my quivering mounds of lycra clad arse over that saddle and drenching it in sweat. Not just any sweat, mind you. Arse sweat. Hairy arse sweat. The inhumanity of it all is mind boggling.

Do the right thing.

Donate to our team HERE. Show the world that you are stand united with my bike saddle and want to stop the abuse.

If enough of you clink on THIS LINK I promise to get off the saddle and send it to a home in the country where it can play with other saddles and try to move beyond the abuse it has had to endure.

Do the right thing. For your peace of mind. For humanity. For the saddle. (Maybe a few people with MS might appreciate it also.)

PTN

Holy $&); dude... Could you make it any longer of a post!?! Jeeeeeeeesus. What did it take you? A day an a half to type that out?

You should have had people sponsor you writing that out... "I am going to write nine point four million words! Donate a dollar for each hundred thousand and let's wipe out MS!"

You should have had people sponsor you writing that out... "I am going to write nine point four million words! Donate a dollar for each hundred thousand and let's wipe out MS!"

How bout you donate a dollar for every mile I peddle? Every mile I don't peddle I'll donate two.

I've got a few beaters lying around. Drunken has a plasma cutter and a welder. We might be able to work that out.

PTN

(Of course, my nephew AJ, at 26 years old, is the only one of us capable of hauling that extra weight 150 miles.

I should probably re-phrase that.

AJ is the only one whose bike won't already be over burdened by an extra 75 pounds ( or more, in some un-named cases.) Screw him, he can carry the beer. I've got enough gross weight and tonnage on two square inches of rubber already.)

Back