Railroad Accident Spills Coors and Asphalt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainrev

Reaction score
Here's a link to a news story out of Denver in which a train derailed, spilling a tank car full of Coors and another full of asphalt: http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=70643.

So many possibilities with jokes on this one. Like, Q: What do you call a derailed tanker car of Coors? A: A good start.

Asphalt and Coors: Is that what you call a black and tan?

Seriously, though, I have never heard of shipping beer in bulk tankers. Figures it would be Coors, though. But how would they transfer it without it losing its carbonation?

mountainrev said:
Here's a link to a news story out of Denver in which a train derailed, spilling a tank car full of Coors and another full of asphalt: http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=70643.

So many possibilities with jokes on this one. Like, Q: What do you call a derailed tanker car of Coors? A: A good start.

Asphalt and Coors: Is that what you call a black and tan?

Seriously, though, I have never heard of shipping beer in bulk tankers. Figures it would be Coors, though. But how would they transfer it without it losing its carbonation?

I believe what they do is ship beer concentrate to satellite bottling/canning plants (there's one near here, I believe), who then in turn add the right amount of water, bottle and carb it.

It's a real artisan process. :p

They do that so they can continue to claim it is brewed with Rocky Mountain water, I didn't notice it mentioned anywhere that it was definitively Coors though.

I called my buddy who lives real close to the railyard, told him to get his ass outta bed, gather up every sealable container he could find, and go down there.

AlmostSiR said:
I called my buddy who lives real close to the railyard, told him to get his ass outta bed, gather up every sealable container he could find, and go down there.

What did he do to piss you off?

AlmostSiR said:
and does he still call you a buddy
JJ

I heard about this on the news this morning. I'm a railfan and I had no idea they actually shipped any kind of beer - 'concentrate' (that just sounds gross) or otherwise - in tank cars!:confused: There are special 'beer cars' that were specifically built for shipping cases of beer on pallets and are still in use today. But a tanker full of beer?

Another reason to not drink rocky mountain pisswater.

Back