Who here is entering BYO's label contest this year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
So lets have it, who is going to submit labels to BYO for their 2011 label contest?

And what beer is your label for?

I won't ask you to submit a design, but if you are gutsy and confident enough in what you have show'em!

I don't have nearly the talent or knowledge to have anything that competes. I'm lucky I can write.... forget drawing. I'm am quite impressed by some of the ones I have seen in the past. Many of them are better than some commercial labels.

I'm going to send a few of mine in.

discordia1.gif

chairmanmeow.jpg

snowbalz.jpg

both the Kris Krunkles and the Chairman Meow ought to win something! great stuff...

AND, as a two time HM in the contest it's worth sending in something even if it's hand drawn. the stamp is worth the prizes!

I had the Head Crusher Barleywine label in 2010 and the Drs. Orders IPA in 2009.

not sure if I'll have one for 2011 so I better get my butt in gear!

here's another label I did... this beer got a first place back in October.
Darth-Porter.jpg
I have 4 gallons of it still on brett and so I'll prob have to do a derivative of the label for it.

another one I did was for the 2008 AHA conference here in Cincinnati... the fireball mead.
fireball-mead-label.jpg
the pig and fireball behind him is made entirely of bits of a font... it's called LHF Jami and is the same font used in the title.

I will likely be entering a few, I just need to sort through them and select the best ones, maybe tweak a few here and there..

When is it? I tried searching for info and didnt come up with anything on this years contest. I'll likely enter one or two.

When is it? I tried searching for info and didnt come up with anything on this years contest. I'll likely enter one or two.

There was info in the last issue of BYO, I'd have to look it up in the magazine, which I don't have at this moment.

Back