4912 Ferment Chamber...Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendelgee2

Reaction score
Before I do anything stupid, how do you suggest running the temperature probe from a Johnson Controls external thermostat into the interior of the Sanyo 4912? Does it go through the drip hole?? If so, how the heck do you get it up there with the compressor in the way? (And it doesn't seem like you can move the compressor because of the rigid coolant lines.)

I'm: :confused:

Thanks

you could drill a hole into the door, or if you look inside the fridge you will see the "hump" that houses the compressor on the outside of the fridge. At the very apex of the 90 degree "hump" you can drill a hole to run the probe wire through. There are no coolant lines running along the edge of the hump. If you want you can look at beirmunchers photo album, he has pics of the hump with two holes drilled in it for gas lines.

Anybody ever just close the door on it? Or would that eventually damage the lead? (I'm not really set up for serious drilling here in my little apt.)

Back