What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nom.

20121119_194132[1].jpg

I just finished a Linies vanilla porter because I had to see how much better mine was than it. A fair bit better if I do say so myself. But it was still a decent beer.

Nice, I recently got one of those in trade, really looking forward to it.

Doin' a li'l 'research', got a half pound of Falconer's Flight pellets the other day.

View attachment 84698

:mug:

Dude, what's up with all the anti gravity brews lately?

It's really tasty. Definitely noticeable bourbon. Allagash has never let me down. I'm dying to try their coolship brews.

It's really tasty. Definitely noticeable bourbon. Allagash has never let me down. I'm dying to try their coolship brews.

Sweet, I like when you get the bourbon-like notes in a barreled beer. I've yet to try anything from them, but I've heard a lot of great things. I got the Curieux and the Black, just waiting for the appropriate time to enjoy them, probably pop at least one over the holidays.

On a bourbon barrel note, I hear that they're releasing a Bourbon Barrel Old Raspy in the near future. That should be fun! :tank:

Sweet, I like when you get the bourbon-like notes in a barreled beer. I've yet to try anything from them, but I've heard a lot of great things. I got the Curieux and the Black, just waiting for the appropriate time to enjoy them, probably pop at least one over the holidays.

On a bourbon barrel note, I hear that they're releasing a Bourbon Barrel Old Raspy in the near future. That should be fun! :tank:

The Black is a great one too. And I'll have to keep my eyes open for the Raspy. I've never had any of the special releases of it.

Awesome! I just sent one of these out for a trade. I really wanted to grab one for myself, but at $20 a bottle I figured I could wait until the recipient tried it to let me know how it is. Now I can go ahead and grab one so I can enjoy it over the weekend. Sounds like it would go great with a turkey dinner.

Awesome! I just sent one of these out for a trade. I really wanted to grab one for myself, but at $20 a bottle I figured I could wait until the recipient tried it to let me know how it is. Now I can go ahead and grab one so I can enjoy it over the weekend. Sounds like it would go great with a turkey dinner.

Definitely pricey. Wasn't that bad here, $16 I think. I was hesitant, but everything I've had from them was great so I gave it a shot. Worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Definitely pricey. Wasn't that bad here, $16 I think. I was hesitant, but everything I've had from them was great so I gave it a shot. Worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I'm no stranger to paying $10 or $12 for a bomber, but $20 is too much without some kind of background, which I didn't have at the time of purchase.

wojjow said:
Another good one from 3F's. Going to be the perfect accompaniment to my steak, mashed potaters and green beans as I watch the Bears put a beat down tonight!

At least my meal and beer will be great!

Had a nicely priced SN Southern Harvest Ale. I know its out of season,but man I still like those NZ hops better than the northern in this beer,think I(just my stupid-opinion) just confirmed that because I had a few northerns(in season) I still just couldnt really get into it in the last few months. Because of the age of the southern 2012, I should have negotiated the price on this bottle really(they had alot of them still) but this is dirt cheap to almost every bomber out there anyway and probably better than half of most of the many overpriced bombers maybe,as far as price abv,and good value.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Still early, that run will take it's toll, but they gotta stop this Kaepernick kid. He looks really good.

Like I said at least my meal will be good. What a horrible 1st quarter showing

image-2578980341.jpg

1/3 2 year old Brett C soured Scottish Ale mixed with 2/3 fresh star anise spiced porter.

Yummers!

Firestone Walker's Reserve Porter

Had to see how it stood up to my own porter, happy to see mine was better. It's not like I'm biased or anything...

image-4175011232.jpg

Back