1st batch Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yammel

Reaction score
I will be doing my first batch in a week or two and need some ideas for a partial mash recipe. I like to drink lagers more than ales but don't want to wait two-three months to taste my first brew. I think I will become to impatient. I have an igloo FR465 mini fridge and temp controller coming so I can ferment at any temp. I read that Kolsch might be a good one to try. Does anyone know if you have to lager Kolsch for an extended period of time? :mug:

Do a quick extract batch. keep it very simple.. then splurge on a good lager kit. this will get you acclimated to the process. also it will give you more time to research more info on lagers and which kit or recipe is the best for you. remember for everyday your not being that's another day without enjoying your own special one of a kind brew. Hope that helped

I think your right keep it simple for the first run. i will do an ale for my first go round. Then do a lager so I can have it fermenting while I drink my first batch. Maybe that will keep me from pulling the lager to soon.

Just ordered American Wheat beer extract kit from northern brewer. Hopefully it is quick and easy. Any recomendations on ferment temp for that kit. It comes with US-05 yeast

For a wheat beer I'd keep that S-05 right around 70-72 to drive the ester production a little more since most wheat beers lean towards a soft fruit flavor.

First batch just hit the fermenter. can't wait to taste. glad I started with a quick beer. Thanks for the advise

first Batch.jpg

Back