Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work in progress. I have the colar complete. Just need to delete the lid, give it a paint job, and install the taps. I think I am also going to distress the copper, so it looks a little more "vintage".

40258520.6e9a51.jpg

The copper looks awesome. It gives me the idea of using copper or tin ceiling tile. My only concern would be attaching the escutcheon from the tap shank with the fancy pressed design of the metal.

Just finished mine. Snagged a Sanyo 9512 and the kegs from Craigslist.

I cut the door panel off to make room for at least 3 kegs. It'll hold 4 if I mount the bottle outside of the fridge.

Soon, I'll add a third faucet in between the first two., and then I'll clean up the gas & beer lines to make them less like Medusa's head.

Eventually, I'll upgrade to Perlick's, and have some fancy tap handles. =)

IMAG0078.jpgIMAG0077.jpgIMAG0075.jpg

I wasn't gonna post pics until it warmed up a bit and I was able to paint it properly. But oh well.

It's a 26.4 cu ft Kenmore. According to the serial number it's from 1980 or so. It was a Craigslist find.

Micromatic Premium regulators. Perlick 425SS. Love controller.

I had to completely gut the lid and re-insulate it. It has 2" of insulated board in the lid and 1" of insulation around the collar.

My favorite part is the one-eyed Abe that I burned into the collar before I stained it. I took several layers of the aluminum duct tap and cut the stencil out. Then I took a pen butane lighter and ran it over the stencil. I think it turned out real well.

Things left to do: paint, clearcoat, fan (depending on how well it is insulated), skirt to match the collar, dolly with casters, and fill the four kegs I have.

2271-taps-regs.jpg

2270-regulators-tank.jpg

2272-abe-keeping-his-one-good-eye-love-controller.jpg

LOL I have 2 with a two tap system and I want two more so I can instantly change out and not have down time!!!
I'm hooked on kegging!

I have been stalking this thread daily since i joined. When i got married and the Mrs. said i should get a kegerator, my jaw dropped. Since then, i've been buying it Johnny Cash style (one piece at a time) and have waited over a year to assemble everything. January 2011 is the time. While i have no pics yet and the frame isn't assembled, i'm sure there are a few fans of Gallifrey who will appreciate my efforts once completed.

Thanks to everyone who has inspired me. I could list many people, but i will just thank everyone including the ugly kegerator owners. Each of you has busted your ass to make it yours and i commend you.

Next pint is had in honor of you all.

(i think i'm intoxicated. that's the only excuse for lame kissass posts like this)

I have been stalking this thread daily since i joined. When i got married and the Mrs. said i should get a kegerator, my jaw dropped. Since then, i've been buying it Johnny Cash style (one piece at a time) and have waited over a year to assemble everything. January 2011 is the time. While i have no pics yet and the frame isn't assembled, i'm sure there are a few fans of Gallifrey who will appreciate my efforts once completed.

Thanks to everyone who has inspired me. I could list many people, but i will just thank everyone including the ugly kegerator owners. Each of you has busted your ass to make it yours and i commend you.

Next pint is had in honor of you all.

(i think i'm intoxicated. that's the only excuse for lame kissass posts like this)

That's how I did mine "johnny cash style" cheap fishing cooler jockey box, then wanted a bigger unit (lol) but the 2 keg mini fridge fit in the space(better than jocky box). 1 keg, 2 keg, ebay rails, taps & tower from keg cowboy here, 1 more keg coming soon, 4th keg in a few months, chalk board from big lots, label hangers from wally world.

wonder if big lots has a black dry erase board. thats really what I want, screw chalk I want NEON markers

-=Jason=-

My favorite part is the one-eyed Abe that I burned into the collar before I stained it. I took several layers of the aluminum duct tap and cut the stencil out. Then I took a pen butane lighter and ran it over the stencil. I think it turned out real well.

A little hard to see on my screen, but it looks cool. I may have to try this when I get around to doing mine.

awesome, likely cheaper than those premade boards too.

I know where I am going for lunch today... off to the depot to check on the paint.

-=Jason=-

At my home depot it was right next to the spray paint cages. They have white/black dry erase and chalkboard. Can't wait to paint my keezer cover with the blackboard!

This one is a bit better. It was before the polyurethane. The slight glossiness seems to be the issue. With flash, it's reflecting the light too much. Without, it is too dark...

2303-better-pic-abe.jpg

just going to say, this is an amazing thread...took me days to get through it and I now cannot wait to get to work on one. I have an old GE fridge in the basement just screaming for an overhaul.

Here's my kegerator after almost 1 year. It now has some personality and a couple of tappers courtesy of a couple of buddies of mine at two different bars. The Moose Drool tapper is in storage at the moment.

On tap are Sven's Oatmeal Stout and Badger Red Ale.
Brutal Truth, oh hell yes

This one is a bit better. It was before the polyurethane. The slight glossiness seems to be the issue. With flash, it's reflecting the light too much. Without, it is too dark...

2303-better-pic-abe.jpg

The smile on the lumber looks just a wee bit more wry than the one on your profile pic, Xtant. Awesome work, nonetheless!

Edit: If you have a tripod for your camera you can do a longer exposure time and do away with the flash, for probably very impressive results.

I'll try the longer exposure to see how that turns out...

I hadn't really noticed the differences. It was hard to transfer the stencil to something that would be flame-proof. The manilla folders worked great spray-painting T-walls in Iraq, but they wouldn't work so well for burning wood ;)

I just started brewing New Year's Day. Oh dear lord what have I gotten into? :ban:
Frigidaire 8.8 cu ft, fit 6 ball locks, 5# co2 w/ 10" collar. Could fit 4 cornys & co2 w/o collar. I'll probably fabricate a drip tray out of stainless or copper...not sure yet.

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

Posted a pic of mine back in June, but it wasn't done so here is a tour of the final product. It is a 15.5 cf whirlpool. Holds 7 kegs and a 20 lb bottle and has 6 taps. Taps are, left to right, seltzer for sodas, 525 beer, 575 beer, 525 beer, 575 beer, rum&coke. Beer taps are all on 1 regulator at 12 psi. Seltzer and Rum&Coke taps are on a second regulator ay 35 psi.
IMG_20110122_174614.jpg

And the lid is hinged in the middle for easy access.

IMG_20110122_174652.jpg

I can finally post pics of mine! I call it the Gator-ator! I just finished it and as you can guess Jester was the inspiration :)

Here it is completed with my first pint:
DSC_0016.jpg

Lit up in the Orange and Blue!
DSC_0984.jpg

Holds 4 kegs and a 20# CO2 bottle. 3 on tap and 1 in waiting!
DSC_0934.jpg

My first pint! My Spicy Redhead Red!
DSC_0006.jpg

A cool picture that makes it look like a single piece of Granite!
DSC_0031.jpg

lol the Gator-ator is freakin sweet.

Thanks! I am glad its finished and now I can enjoy it! It took a lot of work to finish it up, luckily I have a patient wife who was a big help :)

chiliorovo, you have a build link? or more pics of your build? i'd love to see them.
Thanks :) I am working on a build thread! First I am going to upgrade my membership so I can post the photos directly to HBT... Are there any specific areas you are most interested in?

Back