Most Common and Cheapest Hops? Preferably North American

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelsen3000

Reaction score
I am interested in what hops are the cheapest and most common in North America? Basically if zombies came back and ate all the hops which would be the last North American variety left? My thoughts are cascade maybe?

You missed the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. But keep looking, the online places might have a "after Christmas" bargain. Yep, Cascade is low in cost, Centennial isn't bad either.
I am a cost conscious person as well...wife, kids and bills to prove it. When I buy, I may get a lb. of cascade, a lb. of centennial and I will throw in a 8 oz. bag of something I would really like to try. The costs balance out that way, plus I am still able to experiment while making goods beers all of the while.

A beverage that I enjoy, as cost efficiently as possible...that's my bag.

I think that Nugget are the cheapest, and Cascade Northern brewer, Willamette, Galena and Cluster are next cheapest and all around the same price.
I think they are all Zombie safe!

I think Belma are the cheapest I've seen, around $7.50/pound for the 2013 crop. Not a big fan of the hop myself though. And yeah, if I were a hop eating zombie, Belma would be the last ones I'd go after.

I think Belma are the cheapest I've seen, around $7.50/pound for the 2013 crop. Not a big fan of the hop myself though. And yeah, if I were a hop eating zombie, Belma would be the last ones I'd go after.

Love Belma it's cheap and good

I've had three different IPAs win with Belma mixed in with ...cascade and Amarillo with Belma is a true winner...Abc IPA

Back