Adventures in Homebrewing Order

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhart94949

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered a new Mash Tun and HLT from AIH, very good price! Has anyone here use AIH's igloo system? They advertise that they have a very good false bottom.

Anyways I recommend them based on price and will let everyone know how they work herein a few weeks.

Haven't used their system but will say I've ordered a few things from them and their prices are really good and they ship fast! Customer service is also quite excellent!

I have it, it works pretty well. If you have a pump, make sure you vorlouf by hand for a gallon or two before hooking up the pump, otherwise you will create a stuck mash very quickly and invert the false bottom leading to lots of grain in your boil. The other thing I noticed is that it lets rice hulls through, so if you are going to use them, add them last and mix well. Don't add them first like I did!

Other than those two things, I think it is a great MLT for the $.

haven't used their system either but I just received a cereal killer very fast and at a good price from them. my first time ordering from them.

My igloo cooler from them works great. I fly sparge and only once had an issue. Just make sure that your compression fittings are tight. Mine came undone from a vigorous stirring and thereby stuck my sparge.

They're my lhbs and great group of people.

I bought their false bottom and bought the same cooler elsewhere. I've used the false bottom twice and so far so good. The industrial igloo cooler is awesome for temperature control.

Back